Sapling Division Sbwood Amur Maple Forest

Sbwood

Seedling
Reaction score
Built this box, thinking it could be used as a grow box. It's too big. I just plopped them in and will root prune and separate the trees early spring, late winter. Probably find a new pot also. New at the forest thing haha.

Attachments

• IMG_3019.JPG
    IMG_3019.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 71

Sbwood

Seedling
Reaction score
Trimmed the roots and repotted to a smaller pot.

Attachments

• IMG_3171.JPG
    IMG_3171.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 64

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice start! Are you going to do some pruning of certain trees to keep them smaller and thinner - while letting your primary tree(s) grow out?

Zerobear

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
My wife ordered a group of Trident Maple seedlings a couple of months back as a "happy gift". When they arrived, they looked pretty bad, and I stuck them into a tray, hoping spring will show some results from her gift. Every so often I walk by and talk gently to them, but I am uncertain whether they hear me or not. Maybe eventually, I will have a photo of rejuvenated Tridents to show and will not be forced to use the trash can for them..

Sbwood

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice start! Are you going to do some pruning of certain trees to keep them smaller and thinner - while letting your primary tree(s) grow out?
Thank you! Thats the plan, but I am new to this. I may start some from seeds and add them later.

Sbwood

Seedling
Reaction score
Here is a better photo of the smaller tree I planted to give some variation to the forest. Planning to add more as time goes by.

Attachments

• IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom