Sara Rayner

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have to admit, when I first saw Sara Rayner's work 15 years ago, I was not impressed. However, her current work is amazing. I bought a number of her pots at the show today, and the craftsmanship, materials, and finishing were of the highest level. Another link for people to go visit:

Sarah Rayner Pottery.

TimZ8

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
SR pots

I bought my first SR pot for a shohin trident last fall and love it. I will be buying more this winter.

Tim

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sara's pottery is indeed amazing, and so is she. We had the honor of interviewing her for a profile not long ago, it was inspiring.

Btw, she spells her name without the "h"

Will

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I saw her pots for the 1st time last year at local show, very impresive work! Her site doesn't even scratch the surface of her pots.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just spoke with her via emails. Very nice person. I love to support local craftsmen - she will be getting more of my business in the future.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been buying pots from her for more than ten years now. Her work has progressed from being merely outstanding to truly excellent. She is among a handful of true bonsai pioneers in the US--having dedicated virtually all her work to bonsai containers. It is not an easy market to understand, much less try to build for. It's exacting, fussy and has to be frustrating for someone with her talent, as the limitations are pretty unforgiving.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sara's pots are truly top notch. She is to American bonsai pottery as Dan Barton is in the UK. A true pioneer...:)

Top Bottom