Saskatchewan wild bonsai collecting

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can help you collect some wild girls.......:p

Location in your profile would help......welcome.....:cool:

Plenty of folks here DO collect. You should find some experienced help here.:confused:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Sasqwatch Chicks....

Sasqwatch chick vs. Xena warrior Princess....who wins?

How jealous does ones wife get if he comes home smelling like a sasqwatch?

Sasqwatch + Human = ?

Are sasqwai really aliens?

Why do fools who are dumber than a sasqwatch try to hunt sasqwatch?

If Trump walked thru Saskatchewan, (google/HTC spelled that one!), would a sasqwatch rub his head or throw rocks?

If he did throw rocks, would Trump attempt to sell em in the "hood"?

How big of a tree could you collect with the help of a sasqwatch?

Who is your favorite Bonsai master with Saqwatch neighbors?

@M. Frary I can't do the Mice thread anymore! How about ferrets? For real.
Or, sasqwatch dung?

You ever see the trees sasqwatch plunged upside down?
You reckon I could make a Tanuki with em?

If I could....$50, 60k ?

Who got a bigger pair?
Tanuki or sasqwatch?

I just got my license renewal via email.....

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi, everyone!
Don't let Sorce scare you away. Only Nwaite speaks the same lingo as him. Me... I read his post as stream of counciousnees. Let it soak in.
There's "some" wisdom there.
Man, I would love to go collecting in Saska. Hunting is THE best part of bonsai!
CW

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've never stopped in Saskatchewan, drove through a few times. Went by fast, early morning cruise through, pronghorns smeared across the highway.
Dunno what you'll find there, it'll be different than B.C. collecting.
There is bound to be good stuff up in the northern muskeg bogs, stunted old black spruce and tamaracks by the millions.
I collected from the bogs around Ft. Mack once when I had a job up there. Easy collecting, the trees I got are just ok but I think there is great potential in those northern bogs.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
That is fine.Nobody had ever heard of Chile either until the American Secretary of State had Allende murdered.
maxresdefault.jpg

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I could have sworn that Saskatchewan was a fictional place, like Agrabah, Timbuktu and Rancho Cucamonga.

leonardus

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had no clue... and thats funny Because ive recently got into orchid keeping as well..aye, and some of the grasses here would be excellent for kusomono pieces..
I was just gonna rock pacific northwest accents, ferns and shite, see Im from Vancouver Island. My fav place is in the rainforest ..fo.. sho.

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+
I had no clue... and thats funny Because ive recently got into orchid keeping as well..aye, and some of the grasses here would be excellent for kusomono pieces..
I was just gonna rock pacific northwest accents, ferns and shite, see Im from Vancouver Island. My fav place is in the rainforest ..fo.. sho.

Lived there too.Great forests,shite weather:maybe not as cruel as your climate though.
I know you said yamadori,but don't overlook the nurseries.You never know.But the above link, in Saskatoon I believe, seems to have a lot of hardy natives.

Last edited:

leonardus

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lived there too.Great forests,shite weather:maybe not as cruel as your climate though.
I know you said yamadori,but don't overlook the nurseries.You never know.But the above link, in Saskatoon I believe, seems to have a lot of hardy natives.

Dutch growers is a good nursery. some overpricing obviously, but none the less.. I love the gnarly gargoyle 3 foot 30 yr pines that you find along some highways and bypasses..I wanted to gank me one of thems for some time now..lol, Yeah the weather can be pretty rank out here..

Top Bottom