Saskatoon blossoming

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I clearly see why you like it! I had to do a few searches to learn what it is as I am not familiar with that one at all:eek: Seems I am able to keep them easily in 6b "ponders" :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing!

Grimmy

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I clearly see why you like it! I had to do a few searches to learn what it is as I am not familiar with that one at all:eek: Seems I am able to keep them easily in 6b "ponders" :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing!

Grimmy

This is the first one I've had in a pot, I'm surrounded by them here but it seems collectible ones of interest are rare.
This little one was a rock pocket tree, very collectible and although small does have some age and interest to it.
It was collected out of season last year, during flowering actually, footpad was entirely undisturbed and slipped into the too large pot, I look forward to working the roots back next year.
I do notice in the wild they're a magnet for pest and disease, similar to malus. Cedar apple rust especially, shows up on leaves and mainly berries.
Like I said, surrounded by them literally, here's the hillside below my house right now.
IMG_20150515_134043839.jpg

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Pretty crazy and reminds me of this Quince over 50 years old o_O

Grimmy

Attachments

• Flowering Quince.JPG
    Flowering Quince.JPG
    797.8 KB · Views: 5