Satsuki Azalea

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Satsuki's are starting to bloom in my neck of the woods.

Attached are a few photo's that were taken today of one of my Chinzans.

I hope you enjoy.

Regards,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0005a.jpg
    IMG_0005a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0008a.jpg
    IMG_0008a.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0010a.jpg
    IMG_0010a.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0011a.jpg
    IMG_0011a.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0007a.jpg
    IMG_0007a.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Paul,

Nice looking tree. Pot too ;)

Do you have any plans to let it fill in and develope a thicker canopy?

Ryan

crhabq

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Paul,
What a nice tree. I like your branch placement too. Maybe the 2nd left branch could come down a little? I'll have to do some research to see if its possible to grow these where I live (sometimes I like to give myself a good laugh). Well, you know what they say about a dry heat (its true!), and there's wind but our winds don't come with a catogory 3, 4, or 5 attached to them. Thanks so much for the nice pics. Pic #4 will be my desktop background for a while.

Glider

Yamadori
Reaction score
Nice. I like chinzan. I have a couple, but smaller. I'm growing them on at the moment, so I don't get to enjoy such a display of flowers (yet). :(

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Paul,
What a nice tree. I like your branch placement too. Maybe the 2nd left branch could come down a little? I'll have to do some research to see if its possible to grow these where I live (sometimes I like to give myself a good laugh). Well, you know what they say about a dry heat (its true!), and there's wind but our winds don't come with a catogory 3, 4, or 5 attached to them. Thanks so much for the nice pics. Pic #4 will be my desktop background for a while.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

I would encourage you to try a few azaleas if they can be grown in your area.

Have a great day.

Cheers,
Paul

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice. I like chinzan. I have a couple, but smaller. I'm growing them on at the moment, so I don't get to enjoy such a display of flowers (yet). :(

Glider,

This one was grown from a cutting that was struck around 1985.

In my experience, chinzan is a slow growing species of azalea.

During the early years of development, I would pick of all the flower buds before they opened. I found that this would encourage the tree to put on a little more green growth each season. At this point in time, the tree will flower for about 8 months of the year if I will let it.

Cheers,
Paul

Top Bottom