Satsuki Azalea

Dano

Sapling
Reaction score
Appx 36" tall. I have been working on this nice azalea for about two years. Just getting ready to bloom.

Attachments

• 100_1574.jpg
    100_1574.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 131
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really dig the trunk on this guy! Great movement.

Thanks for sharing-

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very Nice......did you collect it?
ML

kytombonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Looks like it might be a Kaho Satsuki. I picked one up at Brussels about 8 years ago when you could still buy imported trees for a reasonable price. Will post a picture when it starts flowering. I have about 10 flowers open right now but it usually covers the entire tree with blooms of multi-colors. I would think that all my azaleas should me flowering by this weekend. Hopefully I can get some pics and post them.

Tom

Dano

Sapling
Reaction score
Dav4 is right

Dav4 is right in that the tree is an import. After going through quaranteen and fairly severe shock, the tree cam e out nice and bushy. My job was to bring the tree back wiith wiring and triming.:)

Dano

Sapling
Reaction score
The blooms came and went all to quickly. heavy rains knocked down some blooms but overall it was a beautiful display. I hope you enjoy.:)

Dano

Attachments

• 100_1616.jpg
    100_1616.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1619.jpg
    100_1619.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 31

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
heavy rains knocked down some blooms

I'm sure. When satsukis are in bloom, it is best to keep them in the shade and protected from rain. Also, don't mist the foliage either. The flowers will much longer:)

Top Bottom