Satsuki....gotta love em.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I can almost feel my blood pressure going down.. Thanks for sharing, so beautiful.

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I actually watched this earlier today I believe

Glaucus

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This channel has the best camera work. They just did the Kokufu as well.
This is the Green Veil club at Ueno station.

This video is of the in-flower show of the Satsuki Association.

Sadly, they don't seem to go to the Kanuma show. There are other people that did that one in 2022, 2021, but like I said this one has the best camera work.
Only thing he needs to do is record the cultivar name as well. Not just the artist.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Damn, I have a bit of climate zone envy, Satsuki are not quite hardy here. I have a couple but they require gymnastics of bringing in and out to protect them over winter. The "In and Out Dance" becomes more difficult the older and fatter I get. I wish my winters were mild enough to just set them on the ground for the winter.

Glaucus

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I think that if a person that is not experienced with camerawork will just walk up to all trees in a show and record them for a few seconds.
The footage will be too short. It is hard to think of how the audience would watch the footage while you take it. How long they want to see something.
Additionally, you kinda need a gyroscope or stabilizer or whatever they use to get a stable shot.
Then you need to know bonsai, or azaleas, to pan across certain features. So that for each shot, you have like one shot showing the entire tree, and then 2 closeup shots.
You may need to be a professional or a very experienced amateur to even do it properly. To know while you are recording how it will turn out.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I didn't have much to do, so I watched all 49 min...enjoyed it to. I even helped him with the leaf clipping 😁
I think this guy only has 1 Satsuki....judged by the time he spent on it.

Last edited:

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Best way to grow a big tree in 10 years he says...cut out all the unnecessary growth at the tips, and leave little buds. It pulls energy to the grow tips.

Top Bottom