Satsuki Kongo-No-Hikari in Europe?

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, ever since someone posted a beautifully flowering Kongo-No-Hikari Azalea I’ve been thinking about it and looking for one.

Does anyone know anywhere in Europe that stocks them?

thanks

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There are a couple European dealers I've heard of. Here is one a friend uses https://minisatsuki.com/categorie-produit/satsuki/page/2/ I don't know if Kongo no Hikari is in their listing, but they do have some really nice stuff. Hino no Maru is all the rage

That was my satsuki btw. The thing is, it was actually showing all striped flowers. Kongo no Hikari does have red and white selfs, but they weren't showing in this early bloom. Consequently its unlikely that this plant will look exactly like this in the out years when the selfs start to show.... (However that's not going to slow me down from propagating cutting of it this year!)

The lesson I've learned the hard way over the past two years is not to fall in love with any specific color pattern, as those darn multicolored satsuki flowers will mutate in a heartbeat. Instead I suggest you concentrate on getting satsuki with characteristics that make them good for bonsai styling. These include: leaf and flower size, pliability and suitable hardiness for your climate.

Cheers
DSD sends

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thanks I’ll take a look and it was more the color than the pattern. I just don’t want another pink 😅

Top Bottom