satsuki (unknown variety)

jonathan

Sapling
Reaction score
recently got this satsuki of which I don't know the variety :( anyways was hoping for some design idea's to help me further on the way with this one and if someone would happen to know the name that would be awesome ;)

specs:

nebari: +/- 4 inch
trunk: +/- 2.2 inch
height: 17.7 inch
width: 19.3 inch

flowers:

color : kinda hard but here goes tokiiro (pink peach); shiro (white), momoire (pink)

shape: kikyo zaki (petals are not fully opened. corolla is long)

pattern: tate shibori (clean stripes from center to edge) comes closest to it

in a little guide I have it comes very close to either chiyo-no-hikari or hakurin (not hakurei --> white one).

anyways here 're the pics.

greets jona.

Attachments

• sat1 (2).JPG
    sat1 (2).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 52
  • sat2.JPG
    sat2.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

shohin kid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Pics are a little blurry but from what I see you need to start developing those foliage pads. The apex looks funny also. Get some wire on it this fall. I you get better pics of the flowers and leafs, it would help with identification.

jonathan

Sapling
Reaction score
i'll see bout setting up an external link cause i had to scale down a lot original was +3000x2000 pix

jonathan

Sapling
Reaction score
links to original size pictures :)

greets jona.

Last edited:

Glider

Yamadori
Reaction score
It's definitely a Satsuki 'Nikko'. I have attached a close up of some Nikko flowers for comparison. Nikko are one of my favourites.

Attachments

• Nikko.JPG
    Nikko.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 20

jonathan

Sapling
Reaction score
It's definitely a Satsuki 'Nikko'. I have attached a close up of some Nikko flowers for comparison. Nikko are one of my favourites.

thanks a lot glider that's almost a perfect match on pink ones if nikko has white ones with a bit of pink stripes aswell then it's definatly that one :)

greets jona and thanks again :)

jonathan

Sapling
Reaction score
don't mind the quality but made a fast virtual of where I more or less wanna go to with this tree.

greets jona.

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 16

Glider

Yamadori
Reaction score
thanks a lot glider that's almost a perfect match on pink ones if nikko has white ones with a bit of pink stripes aswell then it's definatly that one :)

greets jona and thanks again :)
Yes, Nikko does show white flowers with pink stripes too. I just never cought any oin the photo. It's definitely Nikko :)

Top Bottom