Saulieu 2018

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
PS: the composition by Masahiko Kimura was on sale (see after 15:50)

The price is in €uros.

F003.jpg

Don't know if it found a new owner...

Similar stones were on sale (about 700€).
I didn't even look at the price of ther compositions made in the same manner... :rolleyes:

F004.jpg

Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

I won't make a gallery this year, there are other links with much better photos than mine.

The latest is a video with details of some of the trees and very good still shots (and a very good soundtrack too!):

Last edited:

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Unfortunately I only went Saturday. Carpooling: cheaper and better for the environment.

Here is a video taken on Sunday: maybe those who attended can recognise themselves, or friends? ;)

But it's mainly a good vision of what it was like.

More audience each year, great trees in the exhibit, more pros selling good, very good stuff at various prices (haggling is part of the fun), and what "Fraisier"'s video shows well I think, the friendly atmosphere.

NB: if you learned French from books, or learnt "received pronunciation", he's got that chanting, but rather rough in way, accent from the South-West (Périgord) that will be haérd for you to understand. The Italians, Spaniards, Brasilians or Portuguese will probably understand him better - and his level of language is very good, precise but also natural when talking to the average bonsai enthusiast crossing the camera, which helps.

Saulieu, France, Europe:

See you next year?...

Je n'ai pas des problemes avec son prononciation. It's reasonably easy to follow for someone who has learned French from the books. What's great about his way of talking, is that it's not as hasty/fast. It's actually a fun exercise! I will recommend this video to some French teachers. They always need more material to cover the 'listening and understanding' part to make tests about. Because there are Japanese words as well, it's more of an exercise than regular videos.
Back in my days, we had to watch the French version of FRIENDS for those kind of tests.
The episode with "The American"

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Back in my days, we had to watch the French version of FRIENDS for those kind of tests

Ha ha ha! I didn't know this parody.

Actually, I could have some of my pupils translate/adapt the script in English, and then have them dub part of it.

Yeah, I'll do it, that will be fun!

Thx for posting ;)

Top Bottom