Save my bonsai

AverageBonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey everyone! I’ve had this Spruce for a little over a year now and never had any problems. Lately I’ve been seeing the color get duller and really brittle. Not sure what my issue is here.. too much sun/water? Not enough? Is it time to repot? Has never been a high maintenance bonsai but I’m really hoping I get it back looking healthy and strong. Any tips would be great thanks!

Attachments

• B33BF114-926C-4F2C-BC87-AC18F6A51862.jpeg
    B33BF114-926C-4F2C-BC87-AC18F6A51862.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 57
  • E7C366F7-79FC-4837-862B-171F85173C9A.jpeg
    E7C366F7-79FC-4837-862B-171F85173C9A.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 58

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey everyone! I’ve had this Spruce for a little over a year now and never had any problems. Lately I’ve been seeing the color get duller and really brittle. Not sure what my issue is here.. too much sun/water? Not enough? Is it time to repot? Has never been a high maintenance bonsai but I’m really hoping I get it back looking healthy and strong. Any tips would be great thanks!
Funny looking spruce! What type of spruce do you really have there? Looks a lot like a procumbens juniper, must be a new spruce cultivar.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Juniper procumbens “nana”

You’ve kept it inside. It’s now dead

All conifers need to be outside 100% of the time

Sorry. You’re not the first nor the last to be fleeced by these people selling bonsai at the mall or roadside

I really wish something can be done about those people. Arrested and fined

AverageBonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is there a great indoor bonsai that anyone would recommend?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Any of the small leaf ficus (Microcarpa, benjamina, retusa and Gensing 😒) does well, Schefflera arboricola (dwarf umbrella tree) does ok. Portulacaria afra (elephant bush) does well, Crassula ovata (jade plant) does good also. It will also help if you add your location so the fine folk here can give you location specific recommendations. Do you have the ability to keep a plant outside?

Last edited:
Top Bottom