Saw Suggestions

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Howdy folks,

I'm looking at getting some new tools since I sold off my old ones. I'm thinking Kaneshin because those are always quality and won't necessarily break the bank. I'm looking for a decent saw as well to chop back large branches.

Do you all have any recommendations for saw brands? Kaneshin sells saws as well and I might just buy one of those.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Howdy folks,

I'm looking at getting some new tools since I sold off my old ones. I'm thinking Kaneshin because those are always quality and won't necessarily break the bank. I'm looking for a decent saw as well to chop back large branches.

Do you all have any recommendations for saw brands? Kaneshin sells saws as well and I might just buy one of those.

I like the Stanley I bought but would love a skinnier blade to get in smaller places safer.

Whatever you buy......

Never sell it!

Sorce

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I bent my kaneshin saw the first time I used it. nice and sharp, but worthless for anything bigger than 1/2".
Try an ARS. Half the price, and much stiffer blade. Just remember who gave you this tip when you quit again and need somewhere to send it. I'm about ready for a new one.:cool:
IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0248.JPG

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
There a saw I like from home depot that has razor blade teeth. Cut through tree's like butter. It's has a orange handle

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I bent my kaneshin saw the first time I used it. nice and sharp, but worthless for anything bigger than 1/2".
Try an ARS. Half the price, and much stiffer blade. Just remember who gave you this tip when you quit again and need somewhere to send it. I'm about ready for a new one.:cool:
View attachment 142353 View attachment 142354 View attachment 142355
Mine looks the same. But as it is flexible it doesn't really matter. I do like the issue that it is a pull saw only (it moves the tree less because it is easier to hold the trunk for a one way action saw).

Nonetheless, I don't think I would buy one again.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
View attachment 142353 View attachment 142354 View attachment 142355

I was at a demo with Owen Reich yesterday and he was actually using an ARS as well. The IK10R. Is that the one you use?

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've used this wooden handled pull saw for close to 10 years to cut branches. Bent it. Straightened it...Bent it again....repeat. It seems I often need to retrain myself to pull...and not push. Hmmmmm. I have no idea what brand it is though. I'd buy another if I found it. It cuts branches very well and gets in tight areas easily. Clean cut.

I use the Silky PocketBoy Extra Fine saw, purple handle, for larger chops like trunk reductions. I also like the secure locking of the blade. Well designed and made in Japan.

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG