Sawgrass

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I saw that Stacy posted in bonsai auctions that he was giving up sumi ink paintings. Which is a real shame because i thought he was one of the best in the country. Also noticed that he doesnt post anymore. Another shame because i enjoyed his work. Stacy, hope everything is going well for you buddy.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
He had the admin change the name of his account and he hasnt been back for a couple of months at least. I doubt he will be back at all.
Does that mean he is not doing scrolls any more? That would be a shame because he was good at it.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I guess I seen that as a good sales tactic...which all his scrolls sold at auction as well. Supply and demand. After his last thread claiming to not have intentions to go to the bonsai show that he was doing two demos for and also vending. (Which he did attend) I see things he writes differently. I believe @Anthony called it. A sales tactic...and I see it as such now. We will have to wait and see...as to if I'm jaded...or seen the light. He is a talented man when it comes to his artwork. I can not see him putting up his paintbrushes for any reason. Scrolls are a touchy subject with him and what some wish to portray as American Bonsai...people still use them,even in the states. So there will always be a market for them. That said...I see him having an abundant supply of scrolls that he's "not" painting...but says are from a supply he won't produce any longer.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Cadillactaste ,

Darlene,

from K -----------" As an artist goes, the aim is to have clientele asking for your work constantly
and the payment giving you a stable income that handles house and hobby.

The high end painters, don't do galleries or Internet sales or shows.

They just paint, and folk see the work, purchase and more folk see the work in homes,
and then they purchase more.

I was not kidding when I said ------------- the object is to make the work so beautiful that
folk absolutely wish to possess it.

Hope that helps Darlene," K.

Good Day
Anthony

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I guess I seen that as a good sales tactic...which all his scrolls sold at auction as well. Supply and demand. After his last thread claiming to not have intentions to go to the bonsai show that he was doing two demos for and also vending. (Which he did attend) I see things he writes differently. I believe @Anthony called it. A sales tactic...and I see it as such now. We will have to wait and see...as to if I'm jaded...or seen the light. He is a talented man when it comes to his artwork. I can not see him putting up his paintbrushes for any reason. Scrolls are a touchy subject with him and what some wish to portray as American Bonsai...people still use them,even in the states. So there will always be a market for them. That said...I see him having an abundant supply of scrolls that he's "not" painting...but says are from a supply he won't produce any more.

"Perhaps, if you weren't so busy regarding my shortcomings, you'd find that I do possess redeeming qualities, discreet as they may be. I notice when the sky is blue. I smile down at children. I laugh at any innocent attempt at humor. I quietly carry the burdens of others as though they were my own. And I say 'I'm sorry' when you don't. I am not without fault, but I am not without goodness either."
Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@drew33998 so...your Stacy? Or what...I stated I'm jaded...I was in the "feel sorry for Stacy" sort of group on that thread that got locked. I am going on history of how things were played. I did say I was jaded...I don't like to be taken fool. When I catch myself in such a role. I become wiser.

He posted he wasn't going to go...didn't have the money. Yet was paid to do TWO demos and guess what...they put a person up for that. Pay travel expense and lodging. So...that my friend is where I grew jaded. He is a talented man...I can not see this being the last of his scroll making. Just like that wasn't a show he didn't attend yet claimed he had no money to go to the show. Yet...had a vending area as well. Think about that...chew it.

Yes, one can say they are sorry. Did he apologies to me. For tearing into me asking a question on another group. From his frustration of how the B-Nut thread turned out? Not so sure...then deleted that and posted another comment. Thing is...first foot first is usually a good way to see a person. I've been here long enough to see a cycle with Stacy. Just saying...

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@drew33998 so...your Stacy? Or what...I stated I'm jaded...I was in the "feel sorry for Stacy" sort of group on that thread that got locked. I am going on history of how things were played. I did say I was jaded...I don't like to be taken fool. When I catch myself in such a role. I become wiser.

He posted he wasn't going to go...didn't have the money. Yet was paid to do TWO demos and guess what...they put a person up for that. Pay travel expense and lodging. So...that my friend is where I grew jaded. He is a talented man...I can not see this being the last of his scroll making. Just like that wasn't a show he didn't attend yet claimed he had no money to go to the show. Yet...had a vending area as well. Think about that...chew it.

Yes, one can say they are sorry. Did he apologies to me. For tearing into me asking a question on another group. From his frustration of how the B-Nut thread turned out? Not so sure...then deleted that and posted another comment. Thing is...first foot first is usually a good way to see a person. I've been here long enough to see a cycle with Stacy. Just saying...
You do know that you are actually discussing 2 completely different shows, Right?

One being the ABS / BSF Convention in Orlando... and the second being the US National Shohin Bonsai Exhibition in Kannapolis.

The ABS / BSF Convention, I did 2 Demonstrations, and not that is really any of your business. .. but, they compted me for 2 nights, which was nice... seeing that in years past, I got nothing, and the second demo started at 9:30 at night, and did not end until after 11:00. The other nights I had to pay for... I recieved No Payment for doing the demostrations, No Payment for Travel, and No Payment for Food. And I paid for the 2 vendor tables.

I told you in the Message I sent you on FB, after your last rant... that I would be more than willing to actually tell you what the terms were regarding me doing the show... that I had nothing to hide... that there wasn't any great mystery... and to be frank, it is not like anyone is somehow getting rich, or making big bucks doing a show.

So, not sure who you are actually getting your info from... but, I would suggest perhaps you actually talk to someone who is not guessing.

The second show... the US National Shohin Bonsai Exhibition, I did not attend... as I said I would more than likely not do, in the thread you refer too.

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
o_ORant...was by you. I never addressed you other than share a screen shot of your rant to me which you had later deleted. And asked what changed your mind? (If that is a rant...shame on me. I did however have many sending me PM's asking what your beef was with me. Lol Ones also gave me a pat on the back for not dancing with you.)

The show in question was not the second show, the Shohin one that I was aware of ... If that was a show mentioned in that thread about your being threatened...it went over my head. I had no idea the Shohin was even in the works then...because I don't do shows. So I am not in the loop. But it was my understanding it was the show you did demo.

The thread is here in where you discuss not going...I would have to go back and re-read it. To see if I am mistaken. Benefit of the doubt...I will go back and re-read it.
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/destroying-people.27583/

You did send me a PM...which after seeing your rant of nasty on the group's wall...I did not bother reading but deleted right out of the gate. Because what you deleted was bad enough...I didn't care to see any more. So in that aspect anything you said to me there...was on blind eyes.

Honestly, I had several members sending me PM's trying to figure out what was going on.

I had this thread here asking how ones doing demos were paid...I also had a few who are on their board for their club say it's standard for them as well over on Facebook. So if you didn't get paid...I guess that surprises me...but, you can see where I did find that off with want was given to me.

https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/how-bonsai-conventions-work.27618/#post-455081

I am honored...that my post here brought you back. :oops: Now off to go re-read that thread. Because at the time...I was not aware the Shohin show was being discussed back then. But the more current one that was coming up. But...so much was going on...that maybe it didn't click.

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, just so I am straight...

You had nothing to do with anything.

I am the one at fault... you were totally innocent... regarding some crap that happened months back.

That I just out of the clear blue sky, decided to attack you... for no reason...

Forced you to decided to post comments trashing me on this thread, now... and on other threads, since me leaving... including both the links you provided.

Forced you to Tell lies about how I am doing things I am not doing...

Forced you to spread rumors regarding incorrect information, that I did not give you... after I specifically told you, I would tell you what the deal was... even though it isn't any of your business.

As well made you tell people I am just pulling some salesman trick over on people... regarding endless supplies of stock I have and that I will constantly pull out to sell to people? That it is all just some scam that I am doing... and have been doing for the past 10 years...

Do I have this correct?

Last edited:

brush painter

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just for the record. ..

I have been painting and making Scrolls for the last 10 years.

In this time, my last count regarding how many I have made, was in excess of 1,500.

I have sent scrolls off to just about every place on the planet people do Bonsai. Have had scrolls exhibited with people's trees at just about every major show here in the States. As well, major shows in other countries, including Noelanders.

One of the more memorable events, was the US National Bonsai Exhibition three years ago... where I had almost 40 scrolls on display. I don't think there were 40 Sara Raynor pots beings used. Was a great honor!

I have encounter just about every issue possible, that could of happened in the process...

From lost, or damaged scrolls in the mail... to people just not perhaps liking a scroll, once it arrives... where they thought perhaps it looked different in the pictures. To, changes and last minute orders days before an important show... I have always made sure to resolve every issue, and went out of my way to make sure the customer was happy, and had the best display they could have... and always with me picking up the Tab for any and all extra charges. Even though, the vast majority of the time I was not at all responsible. With 99 percent of my customers being repeat business.

It is not right that an individual can just blatantly lie, and say things that are not true.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It is not right that an individual can just blatantly lie, and say things that are not true.

I agree with you, but there is nothing you can do about it. I have it happening to me at work right now.
Someone (a member of the public) is trying to get me fired by trying to tell my boss that I didn't do my job because he is mad about regulations my organization is going to have to implement. There is nothing I can do about it other than tell my boss he is lying and prove he is a liar, which I can do easily. Fortunately my boss knows me and knows I do my job. I just have to hope he continues to believe that and that the people above him dont believe the lies and put pressure on him to fire me.

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
Can't make everyone happy. I'm learning to grow thicker skin myself. The ironic thing about many bnut disputes is that the inciting material isn't even directed to the people who frequently involve themselves in them. Some people just enjoy the drama and the opportunity to right someone in the "wrong."

Stacy I hope you stay this time around without another cycle of this nonsense. Don't take offense to everything and let things snowball out of control. Sometimes when you get upset you even lash out at the nutters who support you. Just do what you enjoy doing--be it scrolls or bonsai. And if you feel so inclined you can post up your work.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think we can safely say this topic has had the complete opposite intended effect.

In this bickering necessary or worth it? Is it honestly worth, any of you guys' time to type this or to add stress, to whatever degree, to your lifes' with this? If the answer is yes, you are a small person. If the answer is no then you are a big person and more worth of people's respect.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I say be yourself. I thought your threads were entertaining and knowledgeable. Whats wrong with a little disagreement? Builds character.
Sometimes along the way someone may try to look at things through anothers point of view and you end up agreeing.

F ing awesome to have 40 scrolls at the nationals. That would be my nobody can say anything to me moment. Got the scroll game on lock.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I say be yourself. I thought your threads were entertaining and knowledgeable. Whats wrong with a little disagreement? Builds character.
Sometimes along the way someone may try to look at things through anothers point of view and you end up agreeing.

F ing awesome to have 40 scrolls at the nationals. That would be my nobody can say anything to me moment. Got the scroll game on lock.
I actually think that we have made some headway here. We see the problem. Now how to solve it. Hmm CADILLAC apologises and so does stacy. And THENNN.... FREE SCROLLS FOR EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD BEFORE THIS POST!

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Stacy, I too hope you stay around, but I don't see it happening. You're such an incredibly talented artist, but you get upset by the smallest things and tend to blow things out of proportion, no offense.

While I hope you stick around, I think it may be best to just do what you're great at, bonsai and scrolls. Ignore the internet, get off of it. The wars you've been involved with here have left a bitter taste in my mouth and I've held off on purchasing your work because of what I've seen you say.

Again, you're an awesome artist, but maybe some time away from here would serve you best. You've got so much talent but sometimes take things the wrong way, so please don't take this the wrong way.

plant_dr

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
  1. I actually think that we have made some headway here. We see the problem. Now how to solve it. Hmm CADILLAC apologises and so does stacy. And THENNN.... FREE SCROLLS FOR EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD BEFORE THIS POST!
Ooh! Ooh! Free scroll for me too for staying out of the whole argument!

Top Bottom