Schefflera leavs wilting.

SubJeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Some of the new growth stalks on my Schefflera come in and wither and wilt. they get very soft, squishy and droopy. Some have turned brown and died. In a grow tent. 9 hrs of light. watered once every two weeks, roughly. when ever soil is dry. Humidity is roughly 50-7020210121_204418.jpg20210121_204434.jpg20210121_204406.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
i think you may need to water it a lot more if you’re only doing it once every two weeks and they’re under grow lamps

you can abuse them quite a bit in terms of over and under watering but my guess based on that statement alone is that it’s not getting enough water. I probably get mine around twice a week or thereabouts when it’s indoors.

i don’t think these ever really need to be or should be fully dry in an ideal scenario

SubJeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It started happening when I was watering it once a week, so I took it back to see if it was from over watering, but I'll try watering it more. The soil stays moist in the tent, So I didn't want to over water it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
it could be the case, i don’t know your conditions. my assumption is that it’s in free draining bonsai soil as well.

with the mushiness now i’m wondering about the soil and conditions

SubJeezy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The top layer is coarse pepples, but I'm pretty sure the under layer is mostly coarse soilat best it seems. Bought it from a nursery a while ago and just have been letting it grow.

Top Bottom