Scot’s pine Jin help

Greenfields

Sapling
Reaction score
Hi all, when Is the right time to create jins on new Scot’s pine in training?

Thanks

just attached a photo of them after being dug up and will post pics of them after wiring and jins

Attachments

• 6010EB30-D20E-4948-A405-3BAD503631DB.jpeg
    6010EB30-D20E-4948-A405-3BAD503631DB.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 46

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
WHEN did you dig these?
After digging, no work on them for 12 months if you want to give them a fighting chance. (And for sure people will now start posting all the reasons why you can work them. But.. Especially when new.. Taking it slow and careful is the way to win the race.)

Besides that.. There is nothing to create a yin out off, and no reason now to prune them?

Greenfields

Sapling
Reaction score
WHEN did you dig these?
After digging, no work on them for 12 months if you want to give them a fighting chance. (And for sure people will now start posting all the reasons why you can work them. But.. Especially when new.. Taking it slow and careful is the way to win the race.)

Besides that.. There is nothing to create a yin out off, and no reason now to prune them?
Hey Thankyou for replying. They’ve been put the ground for about 5-6 months so I will give them the time needed then.
I just wanted to Jin the branches that I don’t plan on using for the structure is all but do you think I should just hold off for now?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey Thankyou for replying. They’ve been put the ground for about 5-6 months so I will give them the time needed then.
I just wanted to Jin the branches that I don’t plan on using for the structure is all but do you think I should just hold off for now?
Yes, hold off. Anything you jin now will be out of proportion to the final result.

Top Bottom