Scots Pine Root Over Rock Project

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks @sorce - really appreciate you taking the time. I’m thinking I might get the seedlings out of their pots tomorrow and do like you said and wash their roots off so I can have a good look at their roots. So I’m looking for lots of long roots on a seedling? Or just lots of roots?!

I'd be looking for roots that match where I want to sink them into. Long enough to reach the soil soil is best, provided it's aesthetically correct.
Getting the roots locked into the crevice, kinda like a dovetail joint, is what I'd be trying to accomplish.

No rush, it's early, and post the summer solstice is arguably a better time to Repot.
Since single flush pines don't do much but grow roots after the solstice. Compromised roots now compromises spring Growth, that's not a cycle to go breaking. Too, after the solstice, fall, is when they really thicken up, so with any luck, you can "lock it in" within one short season, if you allow it ALL of it's spring health.

Full Moon business for sure. I repotted a tropical today and noted just a couple white tips beginning. Reckon I'll see roots out the holes this waner.

Thank you for posting the material to talk about.

I still half doubt using that rock in a way, something about the "almost commercial" look to it, but that is a big "me thing". Can't stand white quartz rocks. Lol!

Sorce

Top Bottom