Scots pine yamadori

Klinten

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone i'm Klinten from the Netherlands.
Been doing bonsai for 20+ years now with a break here and there.
I had a nice collection of pines and Junipers back in the days, but I had to quit bonsai due to some reasons and had to sell and give them all away.
When I got back into bonsai I focused myself on Satsuki Azalea mostly, because no one I know in the Netherlands really does that.
People do have great Satsuki here by the way.
Love the colors and flowers and the fact they are so easy to grow with the right techniques.
However I never share my trees with hardly anyone and love to keep my collection for myself and the people I know that visit me.
I also never put any trees on Tens or displays at shows.
For the most of them I will keep on doing so.
A while ago I started to look at forums and socialmedia etc and saw the great trees and story's people are showing and I decided to join in too.

So after I had to got rid of all my pines and Junipers I still missed having those species. Especially pines.
Balancing energy and the totally different aproach to growing them as bonsai kept me busy.
And then a while ago it started itching again.....
I met a guy that sells bonsai on a auctionsite that told me he had some good yamadori Scots pine for sale.
So he send me the pictures and I was immediately sold on this one.
Curling old branches, nice deadwood, just a weird tree.
When it arrived I looked at it and saw how big it was and saw my initial plan of styling couldn't work because the rootmass was in other places then I thought it would be.
So i gently tilted the tree forward a little to show more of the trunks and deadwood and started styling it a bit.
It's just a rough first styling, one thing for the future is bringing the lower branch more above the trunk and pot, but that requires some really heavy bending.
For now the main focus is growth and next year some more work on it.
It's now 88cm in width that is around 34,5 inch.

Like i said weird ttree but I like it..
Here is a before and after.

Attachments

• yamapinusvoor.JPG
    yamapinusvoor.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 102
  • pinus sylvestris na.jpg
    pinus sylvestris na.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 103

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Can’t wait to see where you take it! I’m just getting my first non bald cypress conifer so I’ll be watching it. Post updates next year!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A truly great tree😍. Hope to see where you go with.

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
Veryt nice tree & work. It reminds me pines living near to the beach which get this "oval" & compact looking to survive to the wind

Top Bottom