Scots pine

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
Don’t worry about it, Vance. I believe MichaelS was just trying to be funny.

There’s a poster hanging on the wall behind the tree in the OP’s post. It reads “ Sex Vintage, Rock and Roll”. Then, down in the lower corner, there’s the word “Vintage”, in a flowery script.

My take of it is “Vintage” is a brand name of some product, sold in Europe. The OP is in Belgium. And the poster is a play off the phrase, “Sex, drugs, and Rock and Roll”. I think the poster is some kind of an advertisement for a product.

At least, that’s the best I can make of it.
I'm currently housesitting for two years and never bothered to change the interior. Call me lazy or indifferent, the garden is all really care about. Interior is my girlfriend's jurisdiction!
So yeah Vance, don't lose sleep over it!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I'm currently housesitting for two years and never bothered to change the interior. Call me lazy or indifferent, the garden is all really care about. Interior is my girlfriend's jurisdiction!
So yeah Vance, don't lose sleep over it!
I wont, I was just not sure if something was going on that I needed to address because I had pissed someone off, --- or pissed on someone?

Trimaptim

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I like this tree as a literati. I'd work on bending one of the lower branches upward and spiralling and then Jin it and cut back the rest except for the top. It's got the trunk for a literati.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Oh f**ing groan!
Jezzuz!
Sorry Mike, it was explained to me by someone else, something you could have done with out the f**ing groan Jezzuz! crap. I meant no insult or taunt just wanted to understand where you were coming from with the Sex Vintage reference something I did not understand.

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
@Fishtank307 When will you work this guy again? Fall?

Maybe I'll wire the secondary and tertiary branches this fall, but nothing more. I wired it in February and repotted 3 weeks ago. I removed the top soil and combed out the bottom and edges of the root ball, loosening the roots out of the heavy soil.
But that's more than enough for now. I don't want to stress it any more than necessary, seeing it's a pretty old tree. There are plenty of buds at the tips and now they're opening. It seems like all my scots pines are a bit behind schedule this year :)

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe I'll wire the secondary and tertiary branches this fall, but nothing more. I wired it in February and repotted 3 weeks ago. I removed the top soil and combed out the bottom and edges of the root ball, loosening the roots out of the heavy soil.
But that's more than enough for now. I don't want to stress it any more than necessary, seeing it's a pretty old tree. There are plenty of buds at the tips and now they're opening. It seems like all my scots pines are a bit behind schedule this year :)
I like what you have one so far, lots of time to work on improvements. The techniques noted by Adair will help in the future. One little note for further consideration. It can be useful to wire a branch downward on pines to set direction and movement prior to jinning so it flows with the final design. Takes a little longer but is a better finishing touch. I am referring to the lower right branch you jinned. It may be still flexible enough to adjust downwards!

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
I like what you have one so far, lots of time to work on improvements. The techniques noted by Adair will help in the future. One little note for further consideration. It can be useful to wire a branch downward on pines to set direction and movement prior to jinning so it flows with the final design. Takes a little longer but is a better finishing touch. I am referring to the lower right branch you jinned. It may be still flexible enough to adjust downwards!
This is some good advice, thanks!
I will definitely try to bend it still.

Top Bottom