Screening Plant Tone Fertilizer

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I've noticed over the couple years I've been using it that plant tone fertilizer has a very larger variety of partical size. Im sure that most of the variation could be from the range of components used or it could be some breakdown.. not sure..

Anyways, with my limited time lately, lack of being able to purchase more higher quality fertilizers, Im not fertilizing my trees as much as i would like as i normally use tea bags otherwise this plant tone really clogs my soil up quick. Of coarse some other preferred brands would be helpful for suggestion.

As anyone tried screening the plant tone then just using the larger particulates on the soil surface without using tea bags. I could use all the small stuff in the garden as i use the same ferts everywhere with great results!!!! Not sure how it would effect the NPK value of what i would be applying. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, Plant Tone is probably some of the best fertilizer i have ever used for anything!!!

Robert

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I just make it into cakes. I have had excellent results with Plant Tone.

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just make it into cakes. I have had excellent results with Plant Tone.

ive seen your post. dont you need a oven for my wife would throw me out if i used out oven to cook up some Snit..

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My best growth year was still the one with plant tone mixed in soil.

The larger the substrate the less you have to worry about dust.

Sorce

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Isn’t the dust part of the fertilizer that will be utilized by the tree and later decomposes or just gets washed out?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Isn’t the dust part of the fertilizer that will be utilized by the tree and later decomposes or just gets washed out?

I think the dust can be mixed as Nestlequik powder and used to further fert.

Sorce

RobertB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No mention of an oven in that post.

I read again. Sorry about that. For some reason ive remebered your post for some time, but thought you had to cook in a oven. I thought you might have had a spare outside in garage or something, like thats something people have.... haha

sorry

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Timed release means the active ingredients are suspended in a vehicle, usually a clay. The clay is less soluble than the ferts, so the bigger the ball, the longer lasting it is, and the smaller the ball the quicker it dissolves. The dust is mostly clay, but the fert part of that dust acts immediately. If you screen out the smaller stuff you will screen out the quicker acting ferts. Is that what you want?

Top Bottom