Scrub oak pre-death

Woodland Spirit

Chumono
Reaction score
Your avatar says "near Utah/Arizona" border. I vision it as arid/desert....last thing I expected was to see snow.
Remember we talked about planting African Acacia there? They will do the heat and dry, buy not that freezing night colds...
No intention of planting them here.
I intend to plant them at a much lower, much more southern location. :)

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wouldn't worry about cutting any more off at this point. Let it be for a while. Don't futz around with it, make sure the roots stay moist and not much else. You might want to smear some Elmer's glue or (believe it or not) Vaseline over those cut ends to conserve moisture in the trunks and limbs (not on the cut roots though). Pray for new growth on top, which means there is corresponding growth at the roots. If there isn't any new growth by Memorial Day, it's a goner.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Your avatar says "near Utah/Arizona" border. I vision it as arid/desert....last thing I expected was to see snow.
Remember we talked about planting African Acacia there? They will do the heat and dry, buy not that freezing night colds...
I live in the high desert in new mexico at a mile high, we don't get much moisture in the summer but we do get a fair amount of snow in winter which does melt off after a few days so it never builds up. In winter we have 30 degree temperature swings from 22°f at 7 am to 52°f at 1pm and that's a pretty normal day. The high desert is pretty funny climate wise, Monday the high was 67 then on Tuesday the high was 38. It's fun trying to keep trees dormant here.

Aaron

Top Bottom