Seattle Bonsai Auction by the Puget Sound Bonsai Association

BenBSeattle

Sapling
Reaction score
Hope to see some the local Seattle and Pacific Northwest Folks at the Auction this year.

1630729440799.png

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'll be volunteering and auctioning some trees. See ya there!

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Can one see the trees online and/or bid via the phone?

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I am looking for a Mt Hemlock. Would there be any of them in the auction do you know?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I am looking for a Mt Hemlock. Would there be any of them in the auction do you know?
A friend actually just posted about a mt. hemlock he would be auctioning. It's a mature piece so in the spendier live auction. There is also a silent auction with much more to choose from and more pre-bonsai. Don't know if there will be any Mt. Hemlock in the silent auction though. If you're near Seattle, Wells Medina nursery and Sky had some Mt. Hemlock last time I was there. Probably a month ago, ish. Watsons in Federal Way had a few too.

BenBSeattle

Sapling
Reaction score
Here's a promo video With the Tony Current President of the PBSA of the upcoming auction. Hope to see you there. Also get a preview of some of the great trees in the Live Auction. Stay masked and safe hope to see some of you there.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a promo video With the Tony Current President of the PBSA of the upcoming auction. Hope to see you there. Also get a preview of some of the great trees in the Live Auction. Stay masked and safe hope to see some of you there.
Wow. Stick around to the end. A few of the trees shown....This is a great opportunity if you're up that way.

Club auctions overall can present excellent trees like the ones in this video. If you have access to a club auction near you , GO...The Northern Virginia Bonsai Society auction is the same weekend--Sept. 25 as this one. It's a the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens out near Wolf Trap in N. Va...

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
in case you didn't make it to the auction here's the video recap. Some great trees

NIce vid. That big Texas cedar elm was damn nice and looks like a tree collected by Vito Megna (I'd put money on it)...American beech forest was very very good...wish they'd included what this stuff was sold for.

FWIW, although this auction had some exceptional trees, it's not out of line with a lot of club auctions. I've seen material like this pop up at the Northern Va. auction...

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@BenBSeattle you should make that video a separate post. It would get more attention.

Top Bottom