Seed Grown Scots Pine

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Its unfortunate, but im paring down my small collection of trees. My wife is pregnant with twins, and i dont expect to have the time moving forward to care for and style trees. Owell, ill pick it back up in 18 years!

This is a Scots pine ive had for many many years. It was grown from a seed by the bonsai society's founding president. I think its somewhere around 50-60 years old. Its grown a little leggy over the last two years of me not styling it and giving it the proper attention it deserves. It is very healthy, and clearly showing signs of being too vigorous. It is planted in Boon's mix, and has been established in this current pot for 2 years. Soil is draining very well, so it still has another year or two before needing to be repotted. It is in a Yamaaki pot that i purchased from Japan. It is signed and stamped on the bottom and exhibiting a pretty decent patina. Tree is 20-21" tall from the soil and has a 4" trunk. Its hard to capture, but the trunk has very nice taper and movement, which is indicative of being grown from seed by someone who had knowledge and skill.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 155
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sweet tree. I’d imagine well out of my meager tree budget, but I may be able to drive to pick it up in the fall.
They have come a long way with automated watering systems and computer controllers. My brother in law is going to help me install one this winter.

Warlock

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh my!! can't wait to see the rest of your collection.. Good Luck With Sale.

scruffybk

Seedling
Reaction score
Its unfortunate, but im paring down my small collection of trees. My wife is pregnant with twins, and i dont expect to have the time moving forward to care for and style trees. Owell, ill pick it back up in 18 years!

This is a Scots pine ive had for many many years. It was grown from a seed by the bonsai society's founding president. I think its somewhere around 50-60 years old. Its grown a little leggy over the last two years of me not styling it and giving it the proper attention it deserves. It is very healthy, and clearly showing signs of being too vigorous. It is planted in Boon's mix, and has been established in this current pot for 2 years. Soil is draining very well, so it still has another year or two before needing to be repotted. It is in a Yamaaki pot that i purchased from Japan. It is signed and stamped on the bottom and exhibiting a pretty decent patina. Tree is 20-21" tall from the soil and has a 4" trunk. Its hard to capture, but the trunk has very nice taper and movement, which is indicative of being grown from seed by someone who had knowledge and skill.
Beautiful tree! What’s your asking price?

Top Bottom