Seed source

Sage Smith

Seed
Reaction score
Hello out there in bonsai land. Long time practitioner first time poster.
I am looking for a reputable seed source for Psuedocydonia sinensis(Chinese Quince) and Diospyrus kaki(Japanese persimmon RED FRUIT)
I hope everyone has been well out there and being productive in life and especially bonsai Take care

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Sage Smith

Seed
Reaction score
Thanks but I’m looking for seed. I will actually make seedling cuttings of them. Gets rid of taproot and starts the way to a great nebari

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Chinese quince root very well from cutting. Saves you a bunch of years and it's good to know the color of the flowers already.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Have you done seedling cuttings with deciduous trees before? Reason I ask, the technique is usually limited to pines. Generally, it is not viewed as necessary for deciduous.

Sheffield Seeds is my go to for seed.

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Persimmon seeds don't grantee same fruit color or shape from the month plant. That's why you see so many different versions in Asia.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ets rid of taproot and starts the way to a great nebari
Most broadleaf deciduous you can just clip the taproot after a few months and continue on with the sideroots already there. Absolutely no reason for seedling cuttings here.

Sage Smith

Seed
Reaction score
I’ve done seedling cuttings with Stewartia monadelpha with great results. And it doesn’t set back the top growth much compared to Just straight seed sprouting. Besides, I like the process. Thanks for the help folks

Top Bottom