seedling cuttings method for cedrus, picea and larix??

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Do you apply the same black pine seedlings cuttings method for

Cedrus atlantica
Larix decidua
Picea Jezo and oriental?

These are species I have not been able to find down here and decided to go the seed route.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do half....

It can't hurt!

Maybe 75%.

Why does it always take so long for people to respond to Max?

Sorce

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I agree with sorce, I would go for it. 50%.

I am relatively certain it can be done with picea. I havent worked with the other species so I dont know about them. I would make sure to use a good rooting hormone (dip n' grow works) and a VERY sharp, sanitary, knife. Cant stress a sharp knife enough. Wind protection, shade, misting, blah blah...

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Larch, spruce, and cedars in chile? I think they need a little bit of cold at least.

Aaron

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I see them in the streets all the time (lebanese cedars, picea pungens)... Its worth a try.

Larches I want to try, I have heard of some doing decent... Not great, just decent.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I see them in the streets all the time (lebanese cedars, picea pungens)... Its worth a try.

Larches I want to try, I have heard of some doing decent... Not great, just decent.
Right on! If they grow around you I see no problem, I just never would've thought. I'd love to grow larch but it's far to hot with way to low of humidity in the summer where I live.

Aaron

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Right on! If they grow around you I see no problem, I just never would've thought. I'd love to grow larch but it's far to hot with way to low of humidity in the summer where I live.

Aaron
Probably larch is pushing the limits... If they work, great... if they don't... at least I know for sure they don't.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Piceas didn't sprout.
Larix neither but I found one but it didn't do well in my climate

Top Bottom