Seedling identification

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I have a Baja Fairy Duster, and a Calliandra Brevipes (sp?) that both have leaves like that. But that's just a guess.

GayGardenGuy

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Albizia Julibrissin
Get rid of that tree right now lol. They are very invasive and grow extremely fast. They produce thousands of seeds in pod like capsules and they are a part of the Fabaceae family which means they add nitrogen to the soil through a process with bacteria, which is about their only redeeming quality. Most grow quite large after 5-8 years and then succumb to vascular wilt or other diseases which leads to the top of the plant dying and having suckers grow which is not attractive. they can grow from the roots but it is uncommon. In summer you'll see them in bloom when you drive down the highway.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Albizia is also my guess to the identity of the tree. In USA called Mimosa. As said above, in the USA they are very invasive and disease prone trees. But you are in Romania, I do not know if Albizia has the same problems in Romania as they have in the USA. If you can keep Albizia healthy, perhaps in a more Mediterranean climate, they can be an attractive tree. The compound leaves make it difficult to use for bonsai.

Reaction score
Albizia bonsai looks fine, not as good as JWP,Chinese Juniper or many other excellent species, but it is at least interesting.

I am growing these trees from seeds. Are 8 months old now, I think.

Ordered ficus microcarpa seeds from a chinese company and I have received something else even if on the package was written ficus microcarpa. :)

Attachments

• BDD37D00-03F3-43B0-B272-42C22AF108BA.jpeg
    BDD37D00-03F3-43B0-B272-42C22AF108BA.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom