Seedling Mame JBP project, axis cut 1 yr

Erwin

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
After this summer this is the result of my only surviving seedling this year. When i view it the leaves have grown much longer then i thought they would.
I wonder if it is possible that i pluck them, few per time and that this would result in a reduction in length.
If this is possible what would be th best period to do this and, if so what is the interval in which i should do this. Maybe i should leave it alone for one more year? I do think it needs a repot since the soil feels a bit hard.

After i cut the axis i transferred it immediately in this pot. Had a few others but they died. Any help or suggestions is welcome!

Thanks already:)

Erwin

Attachments

• 20211015_130105.png
    20211015_130105.png
    587.2 KB · Views: 42

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Do not repot ever… if you want to keep it in the pot.. what you can do is put it on a tray with same substrate you have it in,that can still drain.. like a seed tray or a forest pot and you’ll allow the pine to grow and have roots escape. Just cut roots back in spring time. That way , the pine will mature over time , and thicken up but in mame style.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If wanting to live needs to keep few needles present;).

Erwin

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
The original idea was to do the axis cut in order to create the nebari and vigor and that that in itself would be enough to not having to make any (difficult) decisions, also it would be something that has some instant rewarding going for it .. can really enjoy it as is :) But yeah, the long needles, the thin trunk and the pot that is filled with roots already make me feel some things need to happen in order to be able to enjoy it and be perhaps more rewarding in the future. If it would have one side branch this would be great already. I do feel that for that al least i would ned to refresh the soiland or give it some more space, being it temparary perhaps but ye, in order to develop/ mature/ survive even perhaps. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
The original idea was to do the axis cut in order to create the nebari and vigor and that that in itself would be enough to not having to make any (difficult) decisions, also it would be something that has some instant rewarding going for it .. can really enjoy it as is :) But yeah, the long needles, the thin trunk and the pot that is filled with roots already make me feel some things need to happen in order to be able to enjoy it and be perhaps more rewarding in the future. If it would have one side branch this would be great already. I do feel that for that al least i would ned to refresh the soiland or give it some more space, being it temparary perhaps but ye, in order to develop/ mature/ survive even perhaps. What do you guys think?
You already got your answers

Top Bottom