Selling "Bonsai Maples" by Andrea Meriggioli

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Before I pay eBay the fees or go auction style on FB, I figured I'd try selling this book on here for a flat price. It is Andrea Meriggioli's in depth book "Bonsai Maples". I got my signed English edition sent directly from Italy for $160/165(ish), the cover has a crease or two from shipping. I am looking to get $140 for it. Yes that's not much less than buying your own new copy but it is a discount, and I will entertain offers if no one bites. Because shipping is on me I'm ultimately losing a decent chunk, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I originally thought that I would keep this book forever but I'm currently liquidating and restructuring my library and this one has value so, out it goes. Shipping to same 48 states who always get it. Feel free to ask questions, it really is a terrific book. I have read it cover to cover every winter in an attempt to memorize what I could. It is strictly for trident and JM, but I imagine there is a lot of carry over to other maples. Will take checks, paypal or venmo if interested. For a look at my seller rating my name on ebay is Pa_Penjing. I have sold a lot of books and trees over the years and have a perfect rating.

Attachments

• image0 (7).jpeg
    image0 (7).jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 44

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Actually.. while I'm here. This book is also for sale for $20, free shipping. In great shape.

Attachments

• image0 (8).jpeg
    image0 (8).jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 44

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd like to take that juniper book off your hands next month, if you're alright with holding on to it for that long. I'll pay for shipping to Europe.

Pj86

Yamadori
Reaction score
Before I pay eBay the fees or go auction style on FB, I figured I'd try selling this book on here for a flat price. It is Andrea Meriggioli's in depth book "Bonsai Maples". I got my signed English edition sent directly from Italy for $160/165(ish), the cover has a crease or two from shipping. I am looking to get $140 for it. Yes that's not much less than buying your own new copy but it is a discount, and I will entertain offers if no one bites. Because shipping is on me I'm ultimately losing a decent chunk, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I originally thought that I would keep this book forever but I'm currently liquidating and restructuring my library and this one has value so, out it goes. Shipping to same 48 states who always get it. Feel free to ask questions, it really is a terrific book. I have read it cover to cover every winter in an attempt to memorize what I could. It is strictly for trident and JM, but I imagine there is a lot of carry over to other maples. Will take checks, paypal or venmo if interested. For a look at my seller rating my name on ebay is Pa_Penjing. I have sold a lot of books and trees over the years and have a perfect rating.
PM’ed you. I’ll take the Bonsai Maples book.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think the maple book is sold, about to meditate in the snow so I will message a little later. @Wires_Guy_wires im happy to hold the book for you but I have to imagine shipping to Europe is going to be silly expensive. Is the book not available there?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I think the maple book is sold, about to meditate in the snow so I will message a little later. @Wires_Guy_wires im happy to hold the book for you but I have to imagine shipping to Europe is going to be silly expensive. Is the book not available there?
It might be available here. But if I can get it from you, I don't see why not.
Then again, I see some parcel shipping costs being close to a 125 USD. USPS first class package international service should be around 25 USD.
I do not want to pay 125 for shipping, but I have no issues with paying 25 bucks for shipping.

Those prices really make me think if I should open up a US parcel relay service... If a book is delivered to my door, and then sent to the US, it still beats UPS and FedEx by 75 bucks!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those prices really make me think if I should open up a US parcel relay service... If a book is delivered to my door, and then sent to the US,
Do you do reverse? I was looking at the bonsai design book,which only seems to be available in the USA from a seller not shipping outside USA. :(

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Do you do reverse? I was looking at the bonsai design book,which only seems to be available in the USA from a seller not shipping outside USA. :(
You mean that De Groot book?
I have the hard cover. You can borrow it for as long as I want, if you promise not to damage it. But don't come crying if it doesn't live up to your standards.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yeah, thats the one

Why? Is it that bad?
I have a personal opinion on the contents of the book and I'm sure it'll rub some people the wrong way, so I'll leave my personal opinion out. I've read it a bunch of times and every time I am amazed by the poor picture quality.

IMG_20210302_211535.jpg

IMG_20210302_211502.jpg

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I know this is a long shot but did the maple book sell?

Jatt

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
where to buy Andreas book ?
better than Peter adams book ?

thnaks folks = BNut bestest site !,

NateDyk47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a