Selling ICHIBAN

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
It is currently listed on ebay... buy it now for $200. Full details are at the auction listing, including good tell-all pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200593705987

Why am I selling it? I am afraid to use the damn thing. Its too pretty for me. And I could use the extra cash. My loss is your gain!

If you have been considering getting one of these, this is a great price for a practically brand new one.

Is it useful? Here is my honest opinion (from the auction description):

My favourite thing about this tool is how it is designed to flip back on your hand, thus freeing up your index and middle fingers without putting down the tool. This makes fine detail wiring go much faster, since the tool is also designed to function as a wire cutter. You can apply wire, pluck foliage, trim foliage, and cut wire without putting down the tool. This alone, in my opinion, makes the tool worth it. I have only ever cut fine wire with this tool. While it is capable of cutting thicker wire, I don't really see the point in using it in that fashion.

Not sure what the current interest is in this tool, but I guess we will find out :)

Last edited:

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
It is currently listed on ebay... buy it now for $200. Full details are at the auction listing, including good tell-all pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200593705987

Why am I selling it? I am afraid to use the damn thing. Its too pretty for me. And I could use the extra cash. My loss is your gain!

If you have been considering getting one of these, this is a great price for a practically brand new one.

Is it useful? Here is my honest opinion (from the auction description):

My favourite thing about this tool is how it is designed to flip back on your hand, thus freeing up your index and middle fingers without putting down the tool. This makes fine detail wiring go much faster, since the tool is also designed to function as a wire cutter. You can apply wire, pluck foliage, trim foliage, and cut wire without putting down the tool. This alone, in my opinion, makes the tool worth it. I have only ever cut fine wire with this tool. While it is capable of cutting thicker wire, I don't really see the point in using it in that fashion.

Not sure what the current interest is in this tool, but I guess we will find out :)

So I guess you were not a bonsai wanker.......LOL NO THANK YOU

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Thanks for tainting my thread with your inside joke, gentlemen. /s

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Will you accept an offer?

Pine Barron

Yamadori
Reaction score
I will give you a Charlie Sheen "Winning" T-shirt, two pieces of spearmint gum, an old pack of cards, a lighter I found, my lucky penny and my favorite rock for it. It's a really cool rock.

P.S. There may be a card or two missing.

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
Sorry......

I was refering to what Marco called us that would not pay the price he wants for his tool. Here's two threads, Being you started the first one I did not think it would be an inside joke.......Please don't take offense I was just saying being you bought one you were not a NET BONSAI WANKER or a least in Marco's view.

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2477&highlight=bonsai+wanker

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3808&highlight=bonsai+wanker

Bubba From Georgia
AKA: Francis Wilber

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Not too totally hijack the thread here....I too have one that I will sell, it was only used about a total of 30 minutes or so. I am selling it because I am selling 95% of my trees, pots, etc... and this is one that I can get rid of. The wood case has been autographed by Walter Pall. Send a PM if interested.

Net Bonsai Wanker is classic..... :)

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I was refering to what Marco called us that would not pay the price he wants for his tool. Here's two threads, Being you started the first one I did not think it would be an inside joke.......Please don't take offense I was just saying being you bought one you were not a NET BONSAI WANKER or a least in Marco's view.

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2477&highlight=bonsai+wanker

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3808&highlight=bonsai+wanker

Bubba From Georgia
AKA: Francis Wilber

Yes I made the connection to the second thread eventually... I do remember that now, although I never got the original email. I was just a bit surprised to get comments like that in my selling thread. Oh well, its sold so thats that. No hard feelings Bubba.

The thread is all yours Jason :)

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not too totally hijack the thread here....I too have one that I will sell, it was only used about a total of 30 minutes or so. I am selling it because I am selling 95% of my trees, pots, etc... and this is one that I can get rid of. The wood case has been autographed by Walter Pall. Send a PM if interested.

Net Bonsai Wanker is classic..... :)

Whats up with this???????

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Anyway Jason, if you want some of your trees to go to a good home, you know how to get ahold of me =)

donamitu

Seedling
Reaction score
What are you doing with your trees Jason? Will we see them at the club?

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Whats up with this???????

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Anyway Jason, if you want some of your trees to go to a good home, you know how to get ahold of me =)

What are you doing with your trees Jason? Will we see them at the club?

Hey guys,

I have decided to switch it up a bit and get back into riding/racing dirtbikes. Its a more "family friendly" hobby, has always been my 1st passion and I have done it all my life except the past 10 years. That and I have Ryan Neil who lives 2 miles from my house, and has offered several times to go work at his house in the evenings.......if I can't find the time, or make the time to go work with one of the best there is then it's time I really look at the situation.

So, I sold a bunch of trees and bought a new dirt bike. I still have a bunch of trees left, some really good ones some average ones....I am going to get pictures soon, now that it is light when I get home and starting to dry out a bit.....well its pretty darn wet now :)

I will be keeping a few decidous trees, large Trident Maple, large Hedge Maple, etc......

So thats the story!

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jason,
Good luck with scaling down and devoting your time to other interests outside of bonsai. I tried doing it a few short months ago and well...here I am again back doing bonsai as usual :D It's an addiction that is hard to break!

Jason

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As far as addictions go...I think you could have much worse. :)

Top Bottom