Selling my collection

BigBen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
...In the case of Facebook, they have blocked every way for me to access my account, so I simply delete the email I used....

They're probably blocking you by recognizing your IP address?
I wonder if you can login to FakeBook from a different computer?

They're just so friggin' sneaky...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hi. I’m a very honest person and understand your suspicions. I post only one raffle to see if people like the system. I’m offering the possibility of buy for a price. Also, if you live in NY you can visit me to see my collection and buy in person.

Here I have only a post, it is true but I have years selling and buying in Facebook groups like Bonsai Auctions, and also you can find my user on eBay where I sell with more than hundred 100% positive reviews.

Thank you for watching and thank you to the admin for approve the post.
I guess, when one uses a platform that has large numbers for members...and an audience who wants to buy. To create something that has few numbers...seems...off to my way of thinking.

That alone tosses up a 🚩.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
They're probably blocking you by recognizing your IP address?
I wonder if you can login to FakeBook from a different computer?

They're just so friggin' sneaky...
The problem was caused because I created a new Facebook account for a mountain biking trail maintenance group that I wanted to belong to because they use it for work updates. This particular mountain biking group are not "friends" rather acquaintances that I know that I meet with in order to do volunteer trail work in the State Park. The second I logged into the "new" account, I was no longer able to log into my old account.

Though Facebook would love to have everyone use the same account for family, personal and business purposes, that should be your worst nightmare from a privacy perspective.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Facebook is a joke. As I have said in the past, never EVER give them your information. They are the black hole of security risk on the Internet.

Facebook is more than a joke. Its a lie and front disguised as a social media app to sell advertising to people with facebook accounts. Facebook doesnt give a damn about the people on it nor about their personal info, just the money they can make selling that info and the advertisers they can get because they have corralled 100s of 1000s of people into one application (all of whom did it willingly)

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
There is enough info about people online to create a psychological profile deeper than a psychiatrist could do in any series of office visits. They know what you do, when you do it, why, where, how and with whom you do it. They know what you like and hate and eat and drink and with that info, how easy it is to lead you where they want you to go in any line of thinking. They know more about you than you do. Lambs to the slaughter. Lemmings.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There is enough info about people online to create a psychological profile deeper than a psychiatrist could do in any series of office visits. They know what you do, when you do it, why, where, how and with whom you do it. They know what you like and hate and eat and drink and with that info, how easy it is to lead you where they want you to go in any line of thinking. They know more about you than you do. Lambs to the slaughter. Lemmings.
I realise this will be controversial and I'm not looking to get in to a debate but just to balance a little bit.

*Clears throat*.

I don't care.

They can keep the info, I really don't care.. I'd go to so much effort to inhibit my life by having to remove info from places and not do this, or do this etc.. yes of course, certainly, people should be careful online. But it gets to the point where I really dont care.
I've got grass to watch grow (or sometimes trees...), I've got better things to be doing than worrying about being 1 number in the midst of 100,000,000s different bits of data (bits of data, get it? Its a joke).

Again, I certainly agree, be careful what you do and say online. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in, gotta make it work for us, not just let it stop us from living.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Facebook is more than a joke. Its a lie and front disguised as a social media app to sell advertising to people with facebook accounts. Facebook doesnt give a damn about the people on it nor about their personal info, just the money they can make selling that info and the advertisers they can get because they have corralled 100s of 1000s of people into one application (all of whom did it willingly)
It is the Walmart of the Internet. A soulless corporation like those that are taking over this country .... this world. It is like a dystopian novel.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
An added bit, from my experience.. I work in IT, for a law firm. I've always worked in IT, I'm fully aware of certain things and how they work, when it comes to data processing.

When I was in university, for my final project I studied "What information can be gathered from public/free sources, and what it can tell about a person".
I choose a random person online, used tools, did searches etc.. In the end, yeh, its as you imagine.. I knew her parents house, her house she lived in when not at university, her university, her house when was at university and her work place.
I didn't look at connections to the person, like friends etc, but that wouldn't have been difficult to get.

Its all doable.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
In the poster's defense, he's been a member since 2016 and is just now posting. On Facebook, him and I have a few mutual friends including Adam Lavigne and Owen Reich.

Just wanted to add that.
Know how many times I've asked Adam if he knows someone on his friend list? When I had ones sending me friend requests? Trust me...that means absolutely nothing.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Its all doable.
It's all doable... but that doesn't mean make it easy. If you keep one online profile, it is super easy. Use the same name, same spelling, same phone number, same email... you are asking for trouble.

Use numerous online personas, use fake addresses when you don't have to use real ones, use lots of emails, use fake birthdates when you don't have to use real ones, change your credit card numbers every two years, etc. Pretty soon instead of a single clear profile of consistent data, there is a swarm of data surrounding your name... or maybe not your name? Or maybe it is a different person?

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Meh, maybe I just want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt then. If we had just joined right before he posted this then maybe I'd be a little more skeptical, but oh well.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Meh, maybe I just want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt then. If we had just joined right before he posted this then maybe I'd be a little more skeptical, but oh well.
Unrelated, but congrats on your recent house purchase. It's tough to be a buyer in this market, so I'm sure you're relieved to have landed one.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I realise this will be controversial and I'm not looking to get in to a debate but just to balance a little bit.

*Clears throat*.

I don't care.

They can keep the info, I really don't care.. I'd go to so much effort to inhibit my life by having to remove info from places and not do this, or do this etc.. yes of course, certainly, people should be careful online. But it gets to the point where I really dont care.
I've got grass to watch grow (or sometimes trees...), I've got better things to be doing than worrying about being 1 number in the midst of 100,000,000s different bits of data (bits of data, get it? Its a joke).

Again, I certainly agree, be careful what you do and say online. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in, gotta make it work for us, not just let it stop us from living.
Someday, you may go to the doctor's office for a checkup and he may tell you that you are eating too many jelly beans and potato chips and too much white bread and red meat and the wrong cereal in the morning. You're getting less exercise now since your TV viewing is up to 8.7 hours per day from 8.3 last year. He may tell you that you drank 3.1 beers a day last year which is up from 2.9 the year before and if you breach the 3.3 per day limit any time this year, your insurance coverage for some medications will cease. So, what's wrong with the provider of your benefits guiding you to better health? It's in your best interests and you want to live a long and happy life, right? They know more than you about it, right? They would be remiss if they didn't help you and you don't want to be a burden to society, do you? You understand that this is not just a suggestion, don't you?

How are things in Oceania?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You understand that this is not just a suggestion, don't you?
Allstate keeps wanting me to sign up for their "safe driver" program... where they "reward me" for driving under the speed limit. Of course, this means that they not only track how fast you drive, but where you drive, how long you stay there, how often, etc.

I can't believe people are voluntarily giving all of this information to a for-profit entity... but apparently they are willing to do so. I wish I was a fly on the wall the first time one of these folks gets a notice from Allstate that their rates are going up because they drive too fast, even if they have never had an accident, LOL!

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Brain wash, it starts in early pre-school so by the age of 20 they take anything they are told..... smartphones and social media helps.....
unfortunately thats the world right now, when i was younger i thought TV was making people stupid, but internet made it super easy and efficient!

on top of that with current pandemic state, they have DNA sample of every person that had a test!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Allstate keeps wanting me to sign up for their "safe driver" program... where they "reward me" for driving under the speed limit. Of course, this means that they not only track how fast you drive, but where you drive, how long you stay there, how often, etc.

I can't believe people are voluntarily giving all of this information to a for-profit entity... but apparently they are willing to do so. I wish I was a fly on the wall the first time one of these folks gets a notice from Allstate that their rates are going up because they drive too fast, even if they have never had an accident, LOL!
You understand that this monitors how hard you break, accelerate, speed on turns, miles driven at given speeds, etc., etc., etc. One day, they will be rating you by exactly how you drive at the speeds that most people have accidents. Over 52% of reported crashes occurred within five miles from home and 77% of accidents occurred within a 15-mile distance. And then some day they will demand that you have one of those devices just to get insurance. It's a good business practice, and probably good for society, but you can be forgiven if just a little ambivalent about it.

By the way, the current devices that are in every car this century are accessible by the authorities if they tow your car from the scene of an accident, unless you have your car towed to an unspecified vendor of your choice. If they tow it, you have given up your 4th Amendment protection for that piece of evidence.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
One day, they will be rating you by exactly how you drive at the speeds that most people have accidents.
I think well before that we are going to have self-driving cars, and if you want to drive yourself, you will have to pay a huge insurance premium, because self-driving cars will be proven to be safer than human-driven cars.

Driving a car will become a luxury activity for the rich... similar to flying private airplanes.

Top Bottom