Semi Cascade Retusa

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This semi cascade has come back well since I defoliated it a short while ago as shown here.

Work is still needed as the ramification is week, it needs futher leaf reduction, and I am still not quite sure about the pot. However, I do believe I see a future in this Retusa.

Will

AndyWilson

Mame
Reaction score
Hi Will, thanks for the progress on this one. I do still really like that scoop dish and wish i could find one here. On the original link you said it was their first defoliation i believe. When does one know the time is right so to speak? Is there any harm in doing this to a much younger healthy ficus? Or am i just going to slow down the growth?

Thanks for posting some trees,
Andy

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nice Will, I like the movement on this trunk. I think the pot choice is wonderful as well. With a little more ramification you will have a winner here. Thanks for showing.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The ficus is coming along nicely, but to me the pot looks like something coming from the deep to eat the tree, but I am not sure a cascade pot is right either.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice Will, I like the movement on this trunk. I think the pot choice is wonderful as well. With a little more ramification you will have a winner here. Thanks for showing.

Thanks Tom,

This just went through a defoliation and I see another coming soon. Maybe some ramification and reduction will have developed by this time next year.

Will

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Sigh.....
I still think the scoop pot would look better with one of my wee trees :D
Maybe you could do a virt of my tree in this pot so I can dream a little.
Irene

BigBill

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I really really like this tree Will. I love the pot as well. If you ever decide your tired of it let me know :D

Great job.

Top Bottom