Semi cascade to literati

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I repotted this one two week ago. The shell looks a bit 'cheap' (because it was), but it'll do for now.

View attachment 427561
The first branch on the right needs to be lowered or hidden a bit more imo.

View attachment 427562

View attachment 427563
View attachment 427564
View attachment 427565

Any feedback is appreciated!
Looks good. If it were mine though I would remove the moss and lichen off the base of the trunk. You really don't want the trunk staying wet for long periods of time.

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
Looks good. If it were mine though I would remove the moss and lichen off the base of the trunk. You really don't want the trunk staying wet for long periods of time.
The lichens too? I thought they weren't an issue..

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The lichens too? I thought they weren't an issue..
Lichen can absorb moisture from the air, but when they get wet they get activated to start growing. When they get wet they are like a sponge on the trunk until they dry back out.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice litte tree, great work so far.

In compliment with the comment you made:
The first branch on the right needs to be lowered or hidden a bit more imo.
I am not sure..
Have you looked carefully at the lowest pad on the left? I think it could be reduced or perhaps, split into two levels.
Take a peek at the top of the tree too. It seems to conflict with the visible trunkline.

Fishtank307

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks!
What 'bothers' me about the branch on the right, is that it's pointing up and then goes straight to the right. But maybe that's just me...
The lowest pad does seem a bit heavy. It's partly because the pad behind it is almost on the same level (red arrow on the left), and that's extending far to the left. I can't really reduce that one, because the braches are too leggy.
There's also a small branchlet laying 'on top' of the lowest pad. I could use that to split it in two. If you look at the second picture though, the pad already seems more light.
Concerning the apex; do you mean the overal contour of the apex? Or the direction?
Thanks for the feedback.
2.jpg

IMG20220318192256.jpg

3.jpg
The silhouette of the tree, with on tuft of foliage sticking out.

Top Bottom