September Juniper Styling

Reaction score
Temps between 65-85 degrees and evening rain shows most days.

Can I do either initial styling on Junipers now or major split trunk/bending work now with minimal fear?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I would wait for them to be more or less dormant. The bark slip/peel from heavy bends is still something to watch out for.
But please don't take my advice as an absolute. I might own a dozen varieties of junipers, I'm still figuring out most things myself too.

MSU JBoots

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have been considering pruning and wiring a juniper as well but have pretty much settled on the spring. It doesn’t have a ton of foliage so I don’t want to ruin any winter hardiness it has.

Reaction score
I actually want to "fix" this Blue Rug Juniper that I've left alone now for 2 years.

I've never done a split and bend before and I need to practice. It also won't break my heart if it dies as the trunk is...boring
1662651661968.png

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I actually want to "fix" this Blue Rug Juniper that I've left alone now for 2 years.

I've never done a split and bend before and I need to practice. It also won't break my heart if it dies as the trunk is...boring
View attachment 454900
The trunk is only 'boring' DEPENDING on the SIZE you are aiming for. ;)

If you are thinking 20-24"... A little tilt and re"setting" of "front".. and you're good to go...

This WILL take much longer, though! 🤣

Top Bottom