Serissa #11

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Starting a specific thread to document this tree. I've posted it in other combination posts- please ignore. This tree has survived two years post collection, so I feel comfortable with logging ongoing styling. This thread will serve as an ongoing journal, as well as for input.

I'm separating my Serissa from a group posting earlier. All of my Serissa are over 10 years old, all taken from a single parent tree. These were all single stalk cuttings that I've grown out. I've had great success with Serissa, as a combination of allowing them to dry out, allowing the roots to grow through the pot in the summer, and timed grow lights during the winter.
IMG_1008.JPGIMG_1009.JPGIMG_3681.JPGIMG_3682.JPGIMG_3683.JPG

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
What kind of soil are you using for your Serissa? It looks like regular potting soil.

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What kind of soil are you using for your Serissa? It looks like regular potting soil.
I’ve actually been using cactus soil mix for years. I find it’s pretty decent for retention and organic material without being too rich. I let the soul dry out between waterings

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I’ve actually been using cactus soil mix for years. I find it’s pretty decent for retention and organic material without being too rich. I let the soul dry out between waterings
That's interesting. I use it for my Jades and P.afras. Apparently it works for Serissa also, will keep that in mind.

Cmd5235

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
That's interesting. I use it for my Jades and P.afras. Apparently it works for Serissa also, will keep that in mind.
I let mine dry out between watering, to the point that the foliage wilts. The guidance for humidity trays is a death sentence IMO

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I let mine dry out between watering, to the point that the foliage wilts. The guidance for humidity trays is a death sentence IMO
It's obviously working for you, I would have thought letting them wilt would be detrimental. I only use humidity trays upside down to keep my little guys from sitting in water while inside.

Top Bottom