Serissa "Kyoto Mountain" Flowers

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
This time of year these guys really start putting on a show, so, I thought I would share. If you look close, you can see that it is loaded with blooms. I hope that I am not boring yall with all of these posts, I had surgery on my bicep Tuesday (tore it pretty bad) and can't do much so I have been unloading the disc on the camera and taking some new ones.

John

Here are the flowers:

Attachments

• DSC09233-1.jpg
    DSC09233-1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 68

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
John,

been enjoying all you have posted. We can only get decent results with the Chinese type and the Variegated.
Best to you!!
Good Day
Anthony

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I love Serissa, nice species to work with, I like all the varieties. It took me a number of years and attempts to realize it is not a true tropical. It really needs a change of seasons, a cool winter rest. But it doesn't like more than a mild freeze, so I have to move them indoors after the first few autumn frosts. You have some nice trees developing.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Thanks, on both counts. it is really putting on a show now. I hope to post a picture tomorrow.

John

oh, I wired the boxwood that you sent me, I'll post it, too.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
You will have to send me a picture when they bloom. I researched the flower on the internet and the nearest I could find was "kikusui". I bought a couple more to plant in the yard and one of them had "toko no haru" hand written on the pot. I got them at the local flea market and the vendor did not know, said they had had them for a long time.

John

Last edited:

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
OK, Last Ones, I Promise

I took these today, it is living up to the name "tree of a thousand stars".

John

Attachments

• DSC09297-1.jpg
    DSC09297-1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC09299-1.jpg
    DSC09299-1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC09310-1.jpg
    DSC09310-1.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC09311-1.jpg
    DSC09311-1.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 17

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I enjoy them too!

Didnt realize. These were the "tree of a thousand stars".

I just hope thats not your brushing arm, or you might have to switch to wild mullet!

Sorce

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I enjoy them too!

Didnt realize. These were the "tree of a thousand stars".

I just hope thats not your brushing arm, or you might have to switch to wild mullet!

Sorce

lol, Sorce, It is my left arm that is banged up, fortunately, I am right handed. However, "Mullet" does not refer to my hairstyle, although my teenage years were in the 80's and I may have sported a mullet or three, I keep my hair quite short now (what is left of it). Mullet refers to a local fish that is caught locally in Mobile Bay and Gulf of Mexico. Anyway, thanks for the chuckle, I almost aspirated my coffee. :)

John

Top Bottom