Serissa update

RaginCajun

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just wanted to let everyone know the shohin serissa I had questions about a few months ago is doing great now. I had it probably 3months by the time I searched for help in this forum. It was growing but dropping leaves like crazy. It's now getting dappled sun under my big wisteria bonsai and is doing perfect! No yellowing, dropping leaves. Growing like it's angry! Thanks for all of your advice and help.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Good deal. Serissa can be fun when they’re settled down and growing. Likely it can sit outside in all but the coldest of your winter.

Haven’t been to West Monroe in a long time. When Duck Dynasty was running, I had an account in Monroe and used to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn right there off I-20. Never saw those rascals running around town though.

RaginCajun

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've been researching everything I can find on overwintering them. Just got a book today by Paul Lesniewicz "Indoor Bonsai". It's quite in depth so far. Has a great section on serissa. I have a room in my house with 3 big east southeast facing windows and doors closed off to the house so I can keep it around 50-55° in there. There's also a couple 4' fluorescent fixtures in there as well.

I see Jase and Si all the time. I see Willy often too but he's snobby as can. Jase and Si are good ole boys, they'll talk to you like they've known you all their life. Si goes to the Church of Christ about 1mile up the road from my house. Same church my older brother and his wife goes to. Hes one of the door greeters most Sundays. Phil is as reclusive as they come. He's a wild man, if he's not in the woods hunting, he's on the river fishing. If hes not doing either of those then he'll be at the Church on Sundays. Only time I see Phil is on occasion when I'm fishing the river.
I haven't seen Martin in a while but I go to church with Godwin. Godwin is a good ole boy too. Very intelligent, loves his God and His people. I used to do the air conditioning work for those guys.. mountain man is not the only air conditioning man within a 55 Mike radius as they portrayed in the show. There's probably about 300 techs in Ouachita parish. 🤣
Thanks for the kind words and have a great evening,
Trent.

Top Bottom