Severed extensor tendon = no job.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Graphic photo inclosed. NOT for the faint of heart.

So on march 2nd i managed to cut my right pointer finger pretty good. I wound up cutting my extensor tendon (the tendon that deals with straightening your finger) in 2, and shaved some bone off the knuckle. After extensive issues i wound up getting the surgery (1 month later, and 3 weeks past the optimal window). After surgery there was more problems with my insurance, and the stitches were left in for 2 weeks longer than needed. By the time i got the stitches out, they had started to cut into my finger due to the swelling. More problems with insurance. It took 2 weeks to get a checkup. I was told to wear a splint
Till i seen an occupational therapist. More insurance problems. Dr's office was sending the wrong information to the wrong therapist, more problems. Wrong hospital, wrong type of therapy. wrong hospital correct therapy type. Correct therapist, wrong therapy type. Finally last week... correct therapist and type. Yesterday i finally got to see the therapist. The therapist was surprised my knuckle hadnt fused. Other than my thumb i have extensive reduction in motion to that one finger, and joint pain in the other knuckles. Long story short i just got a message from my now previous employer asking me to turn my uniforms in. My entire working life ive been a mechanic, or a carpenter. With this life altering injury i am at a loss at what field of work to get into. Stress is building faster than the bills.

Attachments

• received_1671559046223151.jpeg
    received_1671559046223151.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 34

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That's terrible, sorry to hear it. Maybe, since you finally got a therapist, you will have improvement in your range of motion. Was it injured at work? Pretty sure they can't fire you, if it's a workman's comp injury.

Velodog2

Chumono
Reaction score
I am sad to read your ordeal, I thought things like that never happened in the USA.
But I wish a fast recovery with the help of the therapist.
I thought you were joking, but the only joke is the completely for profit medical system in the us, as I suspected.

I’m sorry you are going through this. I’ve had my life altered as well
thanks to the shitty medical industry here. The mental trauma is worse than the physical sometimes. Good luck and don’t ever give up. That’s the real killer.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What a shame. I'm not shocked, I've had co workers that have had the same sort of sad care due to insurance, and workman comp issues. I hope you get enough range of motion to get back into the industry, start the search for something comparable that doesn't need quite as much dexterity. Hang in there!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
A friend of mine had something similar happen to him.
During his time out of the garage, he learned all about board computers, and those high tech car parts every factory seems to put in their machines nowadays. The software part of the car, so to speak.

Not that I want to tell you what to do, but it might help to specialize in a related field like my friend did. He's a keyboard warrior now, needing just a laptop and a data converter.

The best of luck to you!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hang in there!

Lol! Looks like it is!

Eeeee! Lol!

@Dorky_gearhead time to let the Dorky Side!

I shtuck my hand in this girl the other week.20180423_135740.jpg

Guess I completely spared the graphic pic.

Another "shouldabeenstitched" that got electrical taped!

FTBS bro! Mind over matter! Heal that shit!

Come work for the city of Chicago...
All I see are guys standing around picking their nose...
So surely you don't need that finger to perform the....standing around! Lol!

I had a guy hook me up with a guy looking for a Manager for a garage. 70K a year.
I "didn't want it bad enough"...but I coulda done that shit.....I'm sure you can.

Fuck....get some young guys who know how to use a wrench and start your own garage.
Google Voice all your paperwork.

Grab a couple fleet accounts...
Done.

Best to you Bro!

Give yourself a promotion!

Sorce

wlambeth

Mame
Reaction score
If your a veteran check with your local va as they can help you with retraining for another field.
Sorry this injury is negatively impacting you

Top Bottom