SFG Snowfallengarden's JBP entry

Reaction score
I know it's late in the year to start seeds.
Ok
So I bought pinus thunbergii seed from F.W. Schumacher.

Soaked them overnight and put them in the fridge for a week or more to hopefully get some type of cold in them.

Today, June 15th, 2018 I put them outside in a cooler, sitting in the sun to start to germinate.

There were quite a few I germinated so as long as the germ rate online was right, I should have more than enough to play with.

With whatever left of the growing season I have left I hope I can get enough out of them to last through georgia's Lil winter.

Reaction score
So far, no sprouts came up. I might have been too late.

since its the end of july now with no sprouts, im afraid that my seeds may not open up until next spring, if at all. so. I dont know.

would I still qualify for the contest if they dont sprout til next year? I wont be on the same timeline anyone else is, so I know now I wont win. Ill still try tho.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
would I still qualify for the contest if they dont sprout til next year? I wont be on the same timeline anyone else is, so I know now I wont win. Ill still try tho.
Well, I (and others here) live in the Southern hemisphere, so we won't be able to sow our seeds before September.
Late, but not out of the contest!
:)

Reaction score
cool beans, Im new to the site as of like march or something. so when I realized this contest started this year, I really wanted to try it out. Well If these seeds dont make it through fall and winter, Im gonna sow the rest of the batch here in the fall.

Reaction score
Well the seeds I sowed this year did not sprout 1 seedling, Soooo I will stratify the rest of the seeds over this winter and plant them in a planter this next spring and hopefully those pop up so I will have something to work with.

I will also keep the ones I sowed this year out all winter and hope they pop up next spring also, which if all of the seeds sprout or close to that I will have close to 10,000 JBP

lol

GG NO RM

Top Bottom