Shade cloth

Kevster

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
For my semi or partial sun trees such as Azalea can I make a canopy over my bench out of window screen? I guess the question is will it filter out enough light or will it filter out too much?
Where my bench is located it gets full sun from about 11:00-12:00 till sun down.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I find it hard to imagine that in Delaware you need to shade your azaleas. Mine sit out in full sun here in NC and love every minute of it.

Kevster

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks for the info! I didn't know. I've never had an azalea until I got these 3 from a front yard and everywhere I read it says they need partial shade. But I will see how they do. Thanks again for responding. Makes my life less hectic having to build a canopy.

JKL do you shade any of your trees?

J1LSantana

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here are some Satsuki Azaleas growing in Miami,FL for over 15 years.They are grown in full sun and love it.Let me know what you think and if you have any questions pm me.satsukiazaleatrunkbigfull.jpgsatsukiazaleatrunkbig.jpgsatsukiazaleacarlosshohin.jpgsatsukiazaleacarlos1.jpg

Last edited:

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's so weird to think about full sun in my area. My trees would melt. We had over 30 days last year over 100 degrees.

Top Bottom