Share Your Barbados Cherry

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Mine barely flowered and never had fruit, I always have it in full sun and fertilized too.
Hmm, that seems odd. Mine flowered off and on all summer. No fruit this year, but usually I only get one or two.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Hmm, that seems odd. Mine flowered off and on all summer. No fruit this year, but usually I only get one or two

Yes ..It is odd Carol, I was reading though your Korean Hornbeam post and I was in awe, such a beautiful tree. You always get such nice material ..anyway you can point me to some directions? I am fairly new to bonsai so I don't know all the great nursery yet. Thanks. Tommy

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmm, that seems odd. Mine flowered off and on all summer. No fruit this year, but usually I only get one or two.
I Wonder if climate is a factor for these trees fruiting? I haven't had any fruit either, I have had flowers though!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yes ..It is odd Carol, I was reading though your Korean Hornbeam post and I was in awe, such a beautiful tree. You always get such nice material ..anyway you can point me to some directions? I am fairly new to bonsai so I don't know all the great nursery yet. Thanks. Tommy
You have me mistaken with someone else, I think. I don't have any Korean Hornbeam. But Wigert's has nice material, in different stages if you don't have any bonsai nurseries near you, which I don't.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I Wonder if climate is a factor for these trees fruiting? I haven't had any fruit either, I have had flowers though!
Not sure. I get lots of flowers, but only rarely fruit.

Deano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You can always hand pollinate to get some cherries, just take a fresh flower and rub it on the others, that's what I do.

20191101_130822.jpg

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mine are garbage...I've owned them about 3 minutes. They came from Wigerts.

20201022_173814.jpg

The one in the deeper bag has no usable nebari...I'm hoping to ground layer it. The one in the shorter bag has something that looks passable. Probably a year of just letting them grow and cleaning up some of the ugly before I start trying to do anything with them.

Top Bottom