Share your bonsai work-space!

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Evening Bonsainut,

I've been working hard on my new garden the past week or two, and it's finally almost done now. However, one of the things still left for me to build is a space to actually work on the trees. A place to repot, prune, wire and unwire trees that is super easy to clean up- it must contain the mess well. A tub of some sort maybe. I also need to make or buy something to provide shade for me (its so darn hot!) and an organized storage place for tools and wire.

I would be very grateful if you all would share pictures of your bonsai work space (where you repot and style trees) and share ideas for everyone else who is trying to make a comfortable space to work on trees like me.

Thanks for any help.
Joe

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol...
I take it that's a pile of the ones that didn't make it.?

There's a couple punk ass Junipers in that green pile...
But that wood is for this....
20160627_204955.jpg
Which was found down the alley...free...
And painted with high heat spray paint from work....also free...

I got another pile of old grape vine which climbed it's way up this spruce....
20160627_205002.jpg
Most of the wood is spruce branches that the grape killed....but some of it is from the Apple trees I got to hacking away to a managable level too.

Soon...I'll be eating applewood smoked squirrel.
Gonna build a smoker out of....
Free shit!

Sorce

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I carved out a corner in my garage which is a total disaster!! No way I am posting pics, and I sincerely need to manufacture a better outdoor space to do my work. Right now I wind up working wherever I feel like it, and it spreads the mess all around! Localizing it to a spot closer to my compost would be convenient.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Repotting & soil sifting bench. The insert top is a loose sheet of plywood with a slot cut in it so I can sweep soil, etc into the box below. Removing the plywood top exposes several dowel rails, which double as support for my soil screening set.
image.jpeg
The bench is a good size and height to work outside, and this is the inside office/studio. Simple Costco table and chairs on the right, and shelving to hold tools, wire, and supplies on the left.
image.jpeg
Portable Monkey pole for bigger trees, or working standing up, and for photographing:
image.jpeg
Good luck with your setup!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a bench behind my shed. It's only 10 feet from the woods. I toss all of the clippings in the woods. Or mulch them with the lawn mower if they don't make it all of the way.

Top Bottom