Share your Neagari

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
awesome inspiration, this actualy made me realise i dont own even one neagari styled tree but i am growing an malus neagari Lets try to dig it up tomorrow and see what it looks like after three years since ive planted it :)
dig-in dig-in!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
awesome inspiration, this actualy made me realise i dont own even one neagari styled tree but i am growing an malus neagari Lets try to dig it up tomorrow and see what it looks like after three years since ive planted it :)
Not...one...neagari. DUDE! You have to do one...just for me for your own bench.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Do you even have a neagari ginkgo yourself? In a custom made ERIN pot?
No, I tend to be a one species on the bench girl. Honestly...I like each tree standing out next to the other. I almost bought another ginkgo...but that rule kept it off my bench.
I do have three elms though. Caitlin Elm with neagari roots, a winged elm ROR...and the other I don't have a photo of an exposed root Drake elm. An exception to the rule...
20210408_103848.jpg

20210331_124915.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hm.. I think you could expand that to one species - in a specific style- on a bench. You will get sooo much more to work with. And the bench will soon overflow :)
I've 33 trees... I'm good. I've got incoming this spring when night temps level out. That Flying Dragon...and possibly summer an Osteomeles. That last one wasn't in my count because it isn't paid for. That is plenty of trees to work. I am a true hobbiest...I tinker. I don't wish to lose the luxury of doing things when I feel like it...to pushing myself to do something.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sort of neagari mugo that needs needle plucking, etc :

View attachment 367407

I'm thinking of totally "jinning" the top branch.

Just an idea...
hard to judge if its an good idea from only this picture, post a picture from both sides when its cleaned up it looks like a prommissing piece Alain!

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
shohin ficus natalensis :)

Attachments

• 20210514_071217.jpg
    20210514_071217.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 48

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Growing a neagari malus from seed. Guess what happens when roots are sun-exposed..

Typical. It's happening to mine too, as if the sap was too lazy to go up.

I think that after I've removed the new shoots, I'll slip-pot it in a larger container so the top can thrive...

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The "Creeper" got a cut today. I got tired of the pot continously falling over from being top heavy.

20210601_170924.jpg20210601_171055.jpg20210601_171029.jpg

rodeolthr

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Pitoon I've had excellent luck with Virginia creeper rooting in just a glass of water. Hopefully you saved that top

Top Bottom