Share your weather!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Users from around the globe. Some in mid-winter at -20F. Others in mid-summer at 100F. Dry or wet?

Thought it might be interesting to share the weather you are experiencing at post-time!?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
45 degrees here with 40mph winds. The county has been leaving "no burn" messages on our phones. We haven't had any rain really since September 1st. Several of our farmer customers have lost buildings/equipment to fires the last few weeks.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Winter of 2013-14 we seen artic temps of -35F. Conversion doesn't convert that. We lost two landscape trees to mostly short trunks to dieback. This ryusen was less than 13" stub of a trunk in the ground.
FB_IMG_1594895735181.jpg

That was my first winter in the hobby. If it wasn't for Judy saying get a secondary heater in the cold greenhouse...I may have lost trees there. But I didn't. Can't thank her enough. She helped me with confidence of wintering after that.

We ended up with a faulty regulator on the peopane tank as well that winter...and not thinking of tropicals...I snuggled into the covers...lost my tropical. Not that first initial time. They sulked...the temps raised and we didn't really know what happened to the furnace. The second time the arctic spell took out the heat...they couldn't recover...the tropical that is. Furnace guy actually figured the tank was frozen.. then to have it repaired...I was gun shy of tropical until 2015...when I tried them again. Just the bougainvillea for a few years. Then adding more confidence added a few more.. Having a sensor then...and monitoring better in the tropical room. Before I only monitored out in the cold greenhouse.

Temps...in heat of summer can touch into 100F. Heat index the worst of it for many...

Anyone up north...I think getting through the first winter is the largest hurdle.

Top Bottom