Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The temperature in the sun is meaningless. It’s not the air temperature, it’s an indication of how much heat your thermometer absorbs from direct solar radiation. Your trees actively cool themselves.
Hmmm I wonder if it would absorb MORE solar radiation when the UV index is higher... which would be ‘sharing my weather’, no?

Did you think I was complaining?

Nahhh.. getting 95 degrees here is awesome!

My trees are fine, I’m here to tend to them.

🤓

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
but it is so much fun!

Summer seems to be ending for us soon. Please tell me this was not it for the year.

View attachment 388291
That's how it's been around my area, too. High temperatures early on, the the wettest years we've seen in a long time. Mornings feel like early autumn.
Now they're predicting a massive heat wave over the next month. We'll see.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

This is just about yesterday...

There’s been other “twisters” this week

Out here we're at the far western edge of Tornado Alley (For those unfamilar, it's the coloquial term for the region of the US where tornados are most frequent) and only ever hear of them occasionally. I remember living in Ohio as a little kid, though, where tornado drills in school were as common as fire drills.

Hope you're staying safe, buddy.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Out here we're at the far western edge of Tornado Alley (For those unfamilar, it's the coloquial term for the region of the US where tornados are most frequent) and only ever hear of them occasionally. I remember living in Ohio as a little kid, though, where tornado drills in school were as common as fire drills.

Hope you're staying safe, buddy.

Yeeeah! Tornado Alley! I kind of forgot!

I experienced my first when I was about 8. I was home alone, on the 160-acre’d farm....the skies turned green, then I saw trees being felled (on my way to the basement with my radio, flashlight and daschund 🤣) right before the winds became so intense that visibility was not possible..

When I “emerged”.. some 20 minutes later.. it was hailing, the house was standing.. But the barn was “thrown” about 400 yards into a crumpled heap.

The SOUND of the tornado...

The sound...

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeeeah! Tornado Alley! I kind of forgot!

I experienced my first when I was about 8. I was home alone, on the 160-acre’d farm....the skies turned green, then I saw trees being felled (on my way to the basement with my radio, flashlight and daschund 🤣) right before the winds became so intense that visibility was not possible..

When I “emerged”.. some 20 minutes later.. it was hailing, the house was standing.. But the barn was “thrown” about 400 yards into a crumpled heap.

The SOUND of the tornado...

The sound...
Only ever seen them at a distance. Guess I've lucked out.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Second round of severe thunderstorms today. First one hit right after I got home from work, crazy wind and rain. This second batch features torrential rain and crazy lightening. The ditches are full and water over the roads. This is NOT normal for August here. Usually by now, the lawns are burned up and we're praying for rain.

Top Bottom