Share your weather!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Well well well

I chef'd at one of those fancy "5-star burger joints... Y'know, mountainous burgers served with a steak knife through them... Fancy drizzle on the plates.. blah... Blah...

Anyways... I remember a particular table of 3, who all ordered "well-done".... I looked at the ticket and just said, "...well..well..well." and my whole kitchen was laughing for the next three hours...

Kitchen folk are weird! 🤪😝🤣

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I chef'd at one of those fancy "5-star burger joints... Y'know, mountainous burgers served with a steak knife through them... Fancy drizzle on the plates.. blah... Blah...

Anyways... I remember a particular table of 3, who all ordered "well-done".... I looked at the ticket and just said, "...well..well..well." and my whole kitchen was laughing for the next three hours...

Kitchen folk are weird! 🤪😝🤣
I think of a water well ;)

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We had freezing rain overnight, then just enough snow to cover it up. Roads were dicey this morning.
We hsd 29F and rain this morning till just after noon.
Never got above freezing today.
The icycles are dry on the tip.
Only got 1/8" but everybody's mail box was encapsulated and "glued" shut.
No snow, just fluries.
20230131_130656.jpg

20230131_131054.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
We hsd 29F and rain this morning till just after noon.
Never got above freezing today.
The icycles are dry on the tip.
Only got 1/8" but everybody's mail box was encapsulated and "glued" shut.
No snow, just fluries.
View attachment 470673

View attachment 470674
I don't like snow, but ice is the worst. Years ago we had a big ice storm and all you could here all night was crackle, crackle, boom. We lost nine trees that night, mostly Bradford pears which I didn't care about. But we also lost a big weeping willow and that sucked. The mayor of our little village declared we had the most damage of anyone in town, yippee. My husband had to drive through the yard to get out the next day and go to work. Our driveway was a disaster area.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I don't like snow, but ice is the worst. Years ago we had a big ice storm and all you could here all night was crackle, crackle, boom. We lost nine trees that night, mostly Bradford pears which I didn't care about. But we also lost a big weeping willow and that sucked. The mayor of our little village declared we had the most damage of anyone in town, yippee. My husband had to drive through the yard to get out the next day and go to work. Our driveway was a disaster area.
Tree & power line dropping ice storms are the worst. Did you claim homeowners insurance on the fallen trees?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Tree & power line dropping ice storms are the worst. Did you claim homeowners insurance on the fallen trees?
Luckily we didn't lose power but no we didn't claim anything on insurance, didn't know you could. A couple years ago a neighbors tree that was full of carpenter ants and half rotted destroyed another of our big weeping willows during a spring storm. Our insurance company said since it didn't cause any damage to our house, there was nothing we could do.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Luckily we didn't lose power but no we didn't claim anything on insurance, didn't know you could. A couple years ago a neighbors tree that was full of carpenter ants and half rotted destroyed another of our big weeping willows during a spring storm. Our insurance company said since it didn't cause any damage to our house, there was nothing we could do.
Huh. I have no experience other than my friends experience. He had someone drive/crash into his yard hit two trees and ended up getting 6K from the insurance company for the trees. I realize that's not the same situation.

My basement flooded a few years back, only an inch of water, but we spent hours cleaning it up on a Sunday night before work on Monday. Told my boss and he said "Why didn't you call your Insurance Co? they come out and clean it up for free." Me: "I had know idea that was a thing." so from that time on I call. I give them enough cash and get nothing in return. :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
First day of a arctic vortex ( don’t know where they come up with these names ) 4 day cold snap apparently we are expected to break the 33 year old record of -31 on Friday
My favorite is "Bomb Cyclone" & "Thunder Snow" comes in second. :)

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep you got the right answer . There is kind of a line about -25c below that it gets serious . Very little time to freeze exposed skin . If your eyes water the tear can freeze to your face . Hypothermia can set in fast . The air is very rich in O2 so it can be healthy for you . But cardio can cause your lungs to hurt from the cold air . It’s F€~£¥% cold

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My favorite is "Bomb Cyclone" & "Thunder Snow" comes in second. :)
Mine was when I lived out west Alberta. They used to say . We get a Colorado low bringing storms . My friend in Colorado says they blame the Canada high 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 on the weather news .

Top Bottom