Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Before:

View attachment 272729

After:

View attachment 272728

Just some light trimming.

This tree has a couple heavy branches, unfortunately. We’ll see how it goes.
Before:

View attachment 272729

After:

View attachment 272728

Just some light trimming.

This tree has a couple heavy branches, unfortunately. We’ll see how it goes.
Truly a natural beauty! Thanks for sharing.
How has your experience been with Sharp's Pygmy healing larger scars? I did not notice any from the photo.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Truly a natural beauty! Thanks for sharing.
How has your experience been with Sharp's Pygmy healing larger scars? I did not notice any from the photo.
I haven’t owned this tree very long, I purchased it in June at the Shohin show. It has scars. They’re healing. They’ll heal slowly, unfortunately, because I’m not going to let it “go”. I’ll be pinching to build ramification next spring, which limits growth. And that also limits callousing over. Fortunately, the scars it does have aren’t huge.

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I love that tree but am troubled by the second branch on the right that has the 90 degree bend. I have an Elm with a similar branch. Are you going to leave it or change it in the future.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I love that tree but am troubled by the second branch on the right that has the 90 degree bend. I have an Elm with a similar branch. Are you going to leave it or change it in the future.
It doesn’t have a 90 degree bend. It goes out to the back. It’s an effect the camera makes.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Better get rid of that branch up top left before you start building off it, and then discover you can't stand it in 5 years. LOL... Not that I've ever had that happen.... noooo, not me.😉
It has some good bones.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My 2 cents here would be to remove the branch as shown in the picture

JPM Mod.jpeg

Top Bottom