Sharps Pygmy advice

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I am thinking of the not uncommon bacterial infection pseudomonas syringae, which is treatable as long as it's caught in time.
"Treatable"...what do I do? :)

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
It was kept about a foot above ground on some stones. Not too excited about your prognosis :(
Sorry, just trying to be real- in my experience once they go black, they don't come back!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sorry, just trying to be real- in my experience once they go black, they don't come back!

You would think but not quite so. I had a clump that contracted pseudomonas and was able to treated effectively with ZeroTol. Areas turned black and I thought it was over for a couple of the trunks and potentially the entire tree. I was able able to save it all. It remained weak for another year but slowly gained its strength again.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
"Treatable"...what do I do? :)
See:
I had a clump that contracted pseudomonas and was able to treated effectively with ZeroTol. Areas turned black and I thought it was over for a couple of the trunks and potentially the entire tree. I was able able to save it all. It remained weak for another year but slowly gained its strength again.

Good luck Coach! :)

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I get it and no need to be sorry...I appreciate your experience and honesty (even when its not what I want to hear). Until the tree gives up I certainly won't. Looks like time will have to tell.

Coach

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
You would think but not quite so. I had a clump that contracted pseudomonas and was able to treated effectively with ZeroTol. Areas turned black and I thought it was over for a couple of the trunks and potentially the entire tree. I was able able to save it all. It remained weak for another year but slowly gained its strength again.
I'm ready to wait...a year is ok by me :)...thanks Mach

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I had a clump that contracted pseudomonas and was able to treated effectively with ZeroTol.
The active ingredient of ZeroTol is just hydrogen peroxide. If you get 3% hydrogen peroxide at the grocery or pharmacy, put two tablespoons in a quart of water, you've pretty much got application strength ZeroTol.

Top Bottom