Sharp's Pygmy Airlayer Question

USDA Zone
OK, so not the right season, and I ain't doin' it now, but I've been wondering...

I have a Sharp's Pygmy that I would like to airlayer off the top, how does this particular brand of Acer P do rooting on it's own? I know certain hybrids are extremely delicate when it comes to rooting, so I'm assuming this is the same with this guy, but thought I'd ask anyway...

USDA Zone
I dont think you'll have any issues, In general the red leaved varieties seem to tend to have more trouble than most of the green and I think sharps seems like a relatively vigorous variety. Cant say out of personal experience though.

I layered one last season (was grafted and look bad) without any issue. I used a decent sized cup filled with a well-draining bonsai soil (Boon mix), covered it with moss and watered normally. I separated about 3-4 months after starting. Rooting hormone as well.

USDA Zone
6b
I layered one last season (was grafted and look bad) without any issue. I used a decent sized cup filled with a well-draining bonsai soil (Boon mix), covered it with moss and watered normally. I separated about 3-4 months after starting. Rooting hormone as well.
I know it's a little bit of a late response but, how did it turn out? Just looking through this old post before I start my air layer for a Sharp's.

USDA Zone
N/A
So much better than sphag if near a water source IMNSHO.