shimpaku juniper bonsai

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Looks like your tree is listed on eBay!

And only for a hundred bucks... I wonder what B.Y. Yang would say about this!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And only for a hundred bucks... I wonder what B.Y. Yang would say about this!
Oh boy, what happened. From bought as stock at 450, sold for 300-400 post styling and now re-sold for 100usd by the new owner?

Or are you just full of shit?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I brought this up before in another selling thread. This is the whole reason why I feel if someone wants to sell to us here in Bnut we should know what type of person they are by viewing their posts and making a minimum post count before being able to use the selling section.

This person's story just didn't add up from the beginning and then the ebay posting was the cherry on the top.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I brought this up before in another selling thread. This is the whole reason why I feel if someone wants to sell to us here in Bnut we should know what type of person they are by viewing their posts and making a minimum post count before being able to use the selling section.

This person's story just didn't add up from the beginning and then the ebay posting was the cherry on the top.
Was that the thread with the couple in the UK trying to make a quick +/-300 pounds on a 15 pound juniper they repotted and styled in one go?
Not that I'm against people asking outrageous prices for art, I'm fine with that if the buyer is too. But it feels like they're pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable by leaving out a bunch of important information as well as introducing "mysterious" artists that have zero trackrecord.
I myself felt hesitant to even ask for the shipping money when I donated my JBP to leatherback, so I threw in a ponderosa seedling.

A solid community stands or falls with trust and honesty, or the lack thereof.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Was that the thread with the couple in the UK trying to make a quick +/-300 pounds on a 15 pound juniper they repotted and styled in one go?
Not that I'm against people asking outrageous prices for art, I'm fine with that if the buyer is too. But it feels like they're pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable by leaving out a bunch of important information as well as introducing "mysterious" artists that have zero trackrecord.
I myself felt hesitant to even ask for the shipping money when I donated my JBP to leatherback, so I threw in a ponderosa seedling.

No, it was another thread where a guy was selling junipers i think. Nothing against him, just there's too many scammers out there trying to rip people off.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Right, and look, you figured it out with only a few posts from the guy.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Blessed to have another amazing tree dropped on us bonsai peasants soon 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 #guerillabonsai

mbunro

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone

im not going to lie i have listed trees on facebook at insane prices with no intention of selling... just a way to 'prove' to the mrs that i tried.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
im not going to lie i have listed trees on facebook at insane prices with no intention of selling... just a way to 'prove' to the mrs that i tried.
That's a legitimate reason! I use the 'long term investment' idea on mine.
"Right now they're ugly and they have been for years, you've seen the price tags at the shows, some of those were ugly too but they were just older."

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
That's a legitimate reason! I use the 'long term investment' idea on mine.
"Right now they're ugly and they have been for years, you've seen the price tags at the shows, some of those were ugly too but they were just older."
Time = money, no better proof than Bonsai.

Top Bottom