anthony burce

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Will It Live?

Weather: 50°

Root ball: tiny, but has white fleshy ends showing health

So I bought this guy and I know you should never do this, but it was on sale because no one bought it in three years. I chopped it, might have wasted a whole 5 dollars. Question still stands. W.I.L

Attachments

• 20161122_154310.jpg
    20161122_154310.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20161122_154635.jpg
    20161122_154635.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 106

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't think the chop is a problem. It's more of a trim really. You mentioned the root ball so did you repot it also? That may be more of a problem but even then it might be ok. Good luck and get it outside.

anthony burce

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I don't think the chop is a problem. It's more of a trim really. You mentioned the root ball so did you repot it also? That may be more of a problem but even then it might be ok. Good luck and get it outside.

No repot, just wiggled the little 5 inch pot off for a quick peek.

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You will be fine. That tree look is pretty large for the pot so I would probably repot into a larger pot with good soil in early spring. I do most of my Juniper repots in late February early March. That's a really good deal for that tree. I would have paid $20 in a heart beat.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah....root dem cuttings!

I've had them take over winter inside....

Do it!

Sorce

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd wait until next year to chop more and start cuttings. Shimpaku roots so easily.

anthony burce

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks all! Not getting email notifications so sorry for the late reply. Feeling pretty decent about it. It'll go into the ground come spring to get massive.

Top Bottom