Shimpaku Video first effort

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I have been experimenting with using a Youtube link to post some material I have going on with the same Juniper I have been working on for a number of days.[video=youtube_share;Ad6gLzrAwws]http://youtu.be/Ad6gLzrAwws[/video]

Last edited:

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Might want to check your settings. Says "video is private".

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Might want to check your settings. Says "video is private".

I've been trying to get that figured out. I have two videos I am posting and one says it is definately public. The other does not say either one. Digital stuff---what a pain.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
This the second Vidieo in the series and as I do mention it is a lot more work than it appears to be.[video=youtube;3_k6MT-BTi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3_k6MT-BTi8[/video]

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow Vance, this tree is beautiful! It looked good in the pics. However, this video really makes the tree come to life. Just a beautiful tree.

Rob

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looking good! Added some moss? Looks like there might have been a little more work done on the dead wood? Really nice Shimpaku...

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What great way to see into a tree in three dimensions. A great perspective for this tree which is lost on the flat page. Nice job.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
What great way to see into a tree in three dimensions. A great perspective for this tree which is lost on the flat page. Nice job.

I appreciate all favorable responses but particularly from you Al. I know you do not offer praise lightly. You are right a vedio does offer a 3D sort of view of the tree not available with even the best photography.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Looking good! Added some moss? Looks like there might have been a little more work done on the dead wood? Really nice Shimpaku...

The moss will become more natural looking after it settles in and the spors start to seed themselves in place. As it is now the nature of the moss makes it almost impossible to see the surface roots which are pretty good for a Shimpaku display.

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I could use some help from any of you that have experience with Youtube vidieos. I am not really happy with the play list that pops up after the initial vidieo is done. Any of you know how to get rid of or change that list?

In the meantime I hope you will ignore the "crapola" that comes up beyond my knowledge to change.

Last edited:

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
The video makes a big difference...and the tree looks much better. I took some frames from it...so You can see it two dimensional, what a big difference the video makes, and how much minute changes make a difference.
In some places you tilted the angle of the camera slightly...and it gives you a better balanced tree.
Nice tree.
I still feel you need to compact the apex little bit, and the right side.

Attachments

• vw f2.JPG
    vw f2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 20
  • vw angle of shooting.JPG
    vw angle of shooting.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 16
  • vw1.JPG
    vw1.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 13

woodguy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Gotta agree with others comments that the pictures didn't do this tree justice. It looked good in the pictures but you can really see how nice it is in the video. Love the way it looks like wind is blowing through the "grass" in the moss.

Jorgen

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
The video makes a big difference...and the tree looks much better. I took some frames from it...so You can see it two dimensional, what a big difference the video makes, and how much minute changes make a difference.
In some places you tilted the angle of the camera slightly...and it gives you a better balanced tree.
Nice tree.
I still feel you need to compact the apex little bit, and the right side.

Thanks Neli, I know how busy and distracted you are. Taking the time to consider my tree is appreciated more than you can know.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Gotta agree with others comments that the pictures didn't do this tree justice. It looked good in the pictures but you can really see how nice it is in the video. Love the way it looks like wind is blowing through the "grass" in the moss.

Jorgen

That really is a nice compliment deserving more than a casual Thank You. Saying that you kind of stumbled accross the emerging purpose of the style I seem most attracted to, and it seems to go more down the same trail Walter Pall has headed with his naturalistic style. Good bad or other-wise I am beginning to become happy with the directions my trees are starting to take. Though; I still like the defined foliage pads, a dig deal in the Japanese style, I am becoming more settled with the not quite so formal or manicured forms more akin to Walter's work.

The remark; the wind through the grass would not even be relevant if the tree was not more what one would find on a hillside and not in a bonsai pot. Thanks Jorgen.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I remember seeing this one in a thread you had going. See it in a video makes it so much more appreciable. Great job Vance. Hoping I get there one day!

P.S Time to start doing some vids on those awesome Mugo's you have! How about some narration?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I remember seeing this one in a thread you had going. See it in a video makes it so much more appreciable. Great job Vance. Hoping I get there one day!

P.S Time to start doing some vids on those awesome Mugo's you have! How about some narration?

I was going to start on that this morning but I did not see the Honey-Do project coming.

Thanks for the comments.

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great job! I look forward to future videos from you, Also, thanks for all the info you share with us.
Joedes

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6

I might sound like an idiot taking an SAT test.

Top Bottom